Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    A technician at Verizon Data Technical support had me update my broadband connection setting; changing the userid and password. The original value for the userid was "Verizon", and the password was masked. The tech had me change the userid to my phonenumber@vzw3g.com, and set the password to "vzw".

My question is - what does changing these values accomplish, especially since they don't seem to persist past a soft reboot.

Is there any way to get them to stay persistant short of setting up a new connection ?
    There is no way to keep those settings in. Everytime you soft boot, it overwrites any information in the defualt connection to the standard settings the PRL(*22899) downloads.

Usually, this becomes an issue of your connection has become a 'ghost' on the AAA server - Essentialy a connection that has never timed out. Which is why your normal set of credentials don't work.

VZW usually escelates this issue up to the senior level, where they 'reset' your settings in the AAA server - However, there is a much easier way around this:

1. Soft Reset your phone.

2. Go to the connection manager, tap and hold on the 'Broadband Access' connection, select delete.

3.Do a PRL update (*22899) twice in a row (Try to be as quick as possible about it)

4. Soft reset your phone.

At that point, you shoulden't need to enter those credentials in, and your brodband access connection should work perfectly.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Are there any performance benefits from doing this "update"? Thanks.
    Yes - It mostly helps your reception, and in turn, makes your data connection a tad more stable. Also, doing it twice in a row triggers all active connections for that phone number to time out on the AAA server.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haqsau
    Yes - It mostly helps your reception, and in turn, makes your data connection a tad more stable. Also, doing it twice in a row triggers all active connections for that phone number to time out on the AAA server.
    Yep, I've noticed a bump in connection stability, thanks!