1.    #1  
    hello. just wondering how the treo handles 2500-3000 contacts. I will be working with some crm software that syncs contacts to outlook with notes on each one. just wondering if the treo will become lagged in anyway with looking up at today screen, when call rings if any delay to pop up name etc. just looking for feedback from anyone who has tons of contacts. thanks
    Windows Mobile is known to have a slowdown with that many contacts. Its an Operating System flaw, not a phone flaw, so any wm5 phone will notice slowdown.
    Yeah, I tried to import all my contacts from my CRM and it just totally slowed to a crawl. Hopefully this is something that will be addressed in future updates.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I have 2300+ contacts in my treo without a problem. It does take it a moment to look up a number or email address, but I have easily gotten used to it.
  5.    #5  
    well I guess I gotta try it. right now its not an issue but once my new company fills its database up it could be. too bad theres not a way to choose which categories outlook syncs.
    Quote Originally Posted by audiofx81
    well I guess I gotta try it. right now its not an issue but once my new company fills its database up it could be. too bad theres not a way to choose which categories outlook syncs.
    You could do it with Chapura's pocket mirror product.
    I too have a ton of contacts (about 4000) and I've found the fastest way to look up is to first enter two letters of the first name, and then wait a couple of seconds, and keep going with the rest of the name. Yes, it does seem WM5 has a bit of a slowdown with that many, but like jc01108 says, you get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by audiofx81 View Post
    hello. just wondering how the treo handles 2500-3000 contacts. I will be working with some crm software that syncs contacts to outlook with notes on each one. just wondering if the treo will become lagged in anyway with looking up at today screen, when call rings if any delay to pop up name etc. just looking for feedback from anyone who has tons of contacts. thanks
    I have about 1700 contacts in my 700W. When searching contacts it can take 3-5 seconds to display a list of possible matches. But when a call comes in, the contact display (assuming the caller is in my contacts list) is instantaneous.

I have noticed that if I am typing several letters to search the contact list the phone seems to pause after the first couple before displaying the remaining characters typed.
    Treo 650, Treo 700W
    Windows XP-Pro
    I've seen them with 20,000, and functioning.