1.    #1  
    So I have my phone set to ring and vibrate when I get a new email (using direct push activesync). so my phone will vibrate and ring for a couple emails then out of nowhere it won't notify me of the next email.. it won't vibrate OR ring.. the email just shows up in my inbox.. really sucks..

anyone else have this problem??
    i notice that if i have Messaging open, i won't get the notifications....also, when items arrive in my subfolders, they arrive without notification. personally, i get a little annoyed when i mark a message i've already read as 'unread' and then i'll get a notification the next time it syncs.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112
    So I have my phone set to ring and vibrate when I get a new email (using direct push activesync). so my phone will vibrate and ring for a couple emails then out of nowhere it won't notify me of the next email.. it won't vibrate OR ring.. the email just shows up in my inbox.. really sucks..

anyone else have this problem??

I have had the same problem of not getting appropriate notifications (sound or vibrate) on new email ever since I got the treo...and have never figured out why it just stops working after a while.
    WORKAROUND I use is PhoneAlarm. It will notify you everytime.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
  4.    #4  
    the other problem im a noticing is that when i get a new email it will "ding" then vibrate like 2 seconds later.. It used to do both - vibrate and "ding" at the same time.. Kinda weird... Almost like the vibrate cant keep up with the phone.. Not really a big deal but thought i would point it out..

So this PhoneAlarm - where can it be found? How much? Why would you reccommend this over using the factory settings?
    I have noticed the same issue, but have not idea why it's happening.

I've also noticed periods where the device is not syncing up with the server even after manually doing a send/receive.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
  6.    #6  
    i notice that if i have Messaging open, i won't get the notifications
    This is really getting old... I hate having to close Messaging every time i read an email so i will know when the next email arrives.. whoever designed it that way is dumb..
    Is there ANY way of fixing that without having to download another program to the phone??!!
  7.    #7  
    *Bump*
    Anyone have an answer for this one? Sorry for bugging everyone about this but it really is annoying... My brother (who also uses a 700w) hates this as well..

Thanks!
    Its a limitation of the OS... when Messaging is open, it doesn't let the program hook alarms. It figures you will notice it... its a feature (not a bug, scoff). At anyrate, PhoneAlarmPro... which is the equivilent of Butler (but not as buggy, imho), works VERY well and takes over the alarm hooks in the entire OS. You WILL get ever alarm EVERY time, all the time! Its just a damn reliable program. It is a bit pricey... when I bought it two years ago, it cost me $7.95... I think it's up to $22 bucks now, still worth it if you have issues with how alarms work on smartphones (yes even POS alarms stink without some sort of help). PhoneAlarm also does profiles really nicely, and lets you have a Today Plugin (completely skinable and they look GREAT) which has quick buttons to Missed Calls, Voice Mail, Sms, and Email... Oh and a bluetooth quick on/off button and profile changer.... its quick and responsive all the time for me.

In short... Phone Alarm Pro is a MUST have application.

http://pocketmax.net/phoneAlarm.html

He better not complain I stole his gif since I am giving him such a good plug. Btw, this thing is SOOOO customizable... its a bit overwhelming at first. But you won't be sorry at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinmg View Post
    i notice that if i have Messaging open, i won't get the personally, i get a little annoyed when i mark a message i've already read as 'unread' and then i'll get a notification the next time it syncs.
    Same here
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I personally love this feature, and yes it's a feature to me. I don't want to get email notifications all night long, and don't want to change the notification method every night. So I just open Messaging and can sleep in peace, but still check my email when I wake up through the night. PhoneAlarm can be your best friend or your worst enemy depending on if it's working or not. I loved it when I could get it working perfectly, but have given up on it recently.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com