1.    #1  
    Lately, when I open Internet Explorer, after a few seconds it closes the program by itself. Try it again and closes by itself again after launching it. I would have to do a soft reset to get it back operational again. It's been doing this often lately. Any clue?

TIA.
    I had the same issues as well. I have not seen it lately though. I believe it has todo with available memory. Have you tried clearing the cache within the IE preferences. I would also make sure all the apps are closed to see if that helps it. It's sad I must suggest closing apps to get a application that should work regardless. A decent app I recently downloaded was Oxios Memory. It free's up unused memory and it's free. http://www.oxios.com/memory/
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    I agree w/brmcguire regarding freeing up memory. I've been suing Oxios Memory+MemMaid and haven't had any memory problems.

However, the IE closure can also happen if you update your registry have cache go to a storage card instead of main memory.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys...but I do use Oxios religiously whenever I close a program and monitor my program memory on the Resco Plugin (usually green). I also use MemMaid every night before bed but still get the IE to close by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    However, the IE closure can also happen if you update your registry have cache go to a storage card instead of main memory.
    I have had numerous problems with IE closing by itself and this is the first time I've seen it mentioned that moving your cache to the storage card might be a cause of it. I have indeed adjusted my registry to move the cache there, so I wonder if that's what the issue is.

I also wonder if there is something with Palm's main site that comes up when you launch IE. I had numerous problems right after doing the software upgrade in May but the last month or so have been quiet. All of a sudden, my IE is shutting down on a very regular basis, almost at the same time that Palm launched their new site.

Memory has been cited as one issue with this but I've never seen any consistency with this argument, since sometimes IE works fine when I'm down to 2MB of free memory but shuts down after a soft reset when I have 12MB available.
  6.    #6  
    I also moved my IE cache to my storage card. I moved it back to the main memory and will monitor the next few days. Hopefully it's the fix!
    do you need memmaid to run the oxios?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Are you using PIE? I had this problem after doing the rom update- there was an issue with PIE/IE. All I had to do was re-install PIE and now it works fine. By the way- Verizon tech support told me the only way to fix it was to do a hard reset...
    hrmmm how you reinstall pie? or uninstall?

Quote Originally Posted by gregro
    Are you using PIE? I had this problem after doing the rom update- there was an issue with PIE/IE. All I had to do was re-install PIE and now it works fine. By the way- Verizon tech support told me the only way to fix it was to do a hard reset...
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaP
    I also moved my IE cache to my storage card. I moved it back to the main memory and will monitor the next few days. Hopefully it's the fix!
    I am new to the treo and was wondering how you move the IE chache to he memory card? Thanks
    Search this forum on "move pie cache to storage card" and you'll see a thread on how to update the registry entry.

I cannot take credit for identifying the problem as caused by moving cache to storage. I searched around and found that solution to resolve the problem on my device.
  12.    #12  
    I moved it via Memaid software under Memory Tweaks. Now that I moved it back to Main Memory.....no problems with IE closing!