1.    #1  
    Debating whether to get a windows based or palm based, which one does the following better...

Multitasking
    Simplicity of use
    Faster
    Instant messaging
    Text reminders
    Web

also, is there anything internet explorer can do that blazer cannot?
    Multitasking (WM5)
    Simplicity of use (POS)
    Faster (POS, also depends on what you are doing)
    Instant messaging (a wash)
    Text reminders (a wash)
    Web (a wash)
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  3.    #3  
    hey i sent you a private message
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnitsarya
    Debating whether to get a windows based or palm based, which one does the following better...

Multitasking - WM5 since POS does not multitask; although the lack of memory in the 700w means the w doesn't multitask all that well
    Simplicity of use - POS
    Faster - depends - both are good as a phone, app switching is a little slower on teh w than the p; thhough I find teh 700p slower than my 650
    Instant messaging - Don't use
    Text reminders - Wash - both are good especially with 3rd party agendas
    Web - I like how IE handles frames and password saving better than blazer; but neither are really good browsers due to screen space considerations. Since I use Goodlink for mail on the 700p I find I mostly use the web browser to access mobile friendly sites such as airline schedules.

also, is there anything internet explorer can do that blazer cannot - not that I've noticed other than frames and saving passwords as mentioned above

I find the p easier to use one-handed as a phone and prefer the Palm interface in a PDa; the w is certainly an adequate phone if you are used to WM's interface. If you like WM i'd look at other phones based on it that have larger screens - the 700w non-standard square screen means some programs don't run or display oddly.
    http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...reo_700w_.html

The Palm Treo 700w is amongst ABC News / PC Magazine's biggest wireless disappointments of 2006 "But the low-res screen and unstable software made the 700w pale compared to Palm's own Treo 700p, leading me to wonder why Palm spent so much time developing this in the first place."
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Many of these negative reviewers towards the 700w are palm bigots. They could come out with a greatest device ever and if it didn't run palm OS they would come down on it hard.

The only real problem with the 700w is the lack of memory. If it had 64MB of real user accessable program memory not gobbled up by the OS, then this device would rock. Wi-Fi would be nice, but to be honest there is data coverage everywhere I go and I would not need it. My wife has the PPC-6700 and she reall likes it, and so do I, but the big downside is that there is not good off network data coverage with Sprint.

From an advaced user/Network Engineer's viewpoint, the 700w is so much more advanced and has so many more powerful apps for it that the 700p does not really compete.

My hope is that Palm corrects the mistakes it made in this version 1.0 device. Hopefully next year we will see an upgraded windows mobile device that corrects all the shotcomings of the 700w.