1.    #1  
    Some how at sometime, I lost the function of my side button. It's not even listed as an option in my Button Control Panel. So I'm assuming it's a software issue not a hardware issue. Some software I installed and maybe unistalled must have messed up my button registry. Anybody have any ideas?
    Are you saying that when you go to Preferences/Buttons at the bottom of the screen, above Done, Default, Hotsync, you have lost the Press + HoldSide button with the pulldown option for the side button?
  3.    #3  
    Yes. When I open Start>Settings>Personal Tab>Buttons... The Scroll List only displays,

Start, OK, Option+Send, Option+Start, Option+OK.

No ability to set or control the side button. I'm planning on doing a hard reset, but I'm soooooo busy for the next month or so. I just don't have time. It's not that big of a deal. I don't miss it too much, but I thought it would be great if I could fix it before I get around to hard reseting, (which hopefully will cure the problem).
    Sounds like a hard reset is in order.
  5.    #5  
    Yep. It's just a matter of when. I'm too busy to spend the afternoon restoring my phone. I haven't made a backup since before I updated my rom, so I'm going to start fresh.