1.    #1  
    I upgraded from a Treo 650 to the 700W so that I can use wifi on the phone...
    However, I really dislike the phone so far and these are the reasons...

1. No Threaded SMS
    2. Starting to become very sluggish
    3. I am having a hard time with every third party app I use
    4. The OS is not very intuitive(or I am having a hard time adjusting to it)

Does anyone else feel the same way? or am I just being a junior high school girl?

Why did you guys get the 700W?
    I say junior high school girl.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    I say junior high school girl.
    fare enough...

Now, why do you like the phone?
    I got it because my wife was in a good mood and wanting to buy me something.
    Now that's honesty! The question though, how many times did you have to ask?

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito
    fare enough...

Now, why do you like the phone?

Hahah sorry.

I'm all about keeping my device clean and running smoothly, and I do a lot of research before I install 3rd party devices.

I have always been a POS guy, and the 700w is my first winmo device. I love it. I initially got it for work, and of course, it was hard to get used to at first.

Now that I have, I love what I can do with it.

Keep your device clean, treat it nice, and it will be nice to you too.
    Why did I get the 700W?

A number of reasons. I have a friend who'd been gushing about his Treo 600. I looked a year ago but didn't have the funds or a real reason to buy a PDA/Phone combo. But this past Fall, I ran into a work reason where getting work (POP3) emails while away was important. My Sprint cell phone could only do internet email (not POP3) and it wasn't real handy having work send to a different email addr. So I started to look at the 650. I decided to hold out until Christmas when some funds (ie, gifts! :-) ) would come in. I noticed the 650 had been out for awhile and wondered if there might be a new Treo coming soon.

And sure enough, the 700W was announced about that time! I hadn't owned a Palm device before so I wasn't used to that OS. I Have been using Windows from way back in the 3.0 days, so a new Treo that was Window's based seemed to be perfect. Plus, I was ready to drop Sprint for various reasons so when Verizon was going to be the carrier, it all fell into place for me. I waited for the 700W to be released and then read as many reviews as I could on it. The main opinion I got from those reviews (no disrepect intended to Palm) was that the current Palm OS seemed limited in growth where the Mobile Windows version didn't seem to be. (Not that I have a love affair with Windows mind you, but I'm used to it, meaning I know what kind of problems I can expect - and it hasn't let me down there either! :-) ).

Why do I like the phone?

I like it for a number of reasons. First of all because it hit my expectations. And because, in a lot of ways, its totally blown away my expectations. POP3 works fine, the phone has worked fine for me, browsing the web has worked fine. What I didn't expect (but has been very useful) is that I can connect to my companies VPN and Remote Desktop on our servers. This was a plus I would have expected only from a laptop. And there's the GPS component - something I hadn't even considered. I now have CoPilot Live 6.0 and it took me 9 hours to the beach and back this summer without a hitch. And then the ton of games, handy programs, etc that I hadn't considered either when initially deciding to buy. All gravy to me.

I don't use SMS (much), so the lack of threaded SMS doesn't bother me but I can see where it would if you use it a lot.

The sluggish part - you do have to perform routine maintenance on it, no question. But I have been and it is humming right along. (I bought mine back in mid-January.) In fact, some of the problems I was having have disappeared. I close apps via the builtin task manager when I'm done running them (hold the OK button until it pops up). I did the "fake server" thing posted here. I have the Oxios Hibernate program installed with the SKTools hook in to run whenever I turn it on (wake it up). I run the MemMaid Quick Clean every once in a while to clean out temp files etc from browsing the web. And I ran the SKTools "don't kill these programs" utility mentioned here a few months ago although I'm not sure that it this really does anything. As I've posted here before - I think of the 700w as a mini-laptop and do some routine cleaning of it (including a soft reset every week or two). For how I use the 700w, it works great for me.

Having a hard time with 3rd party apps. Maybe just bad luck but I'd suspect its some of the "cleanup" items above. I have over 2 dozen 3rd party apps (a little over half of them games, a few utilities, and some helper programs like eWallet). So far, All of them work fine. I rarely run more than one at a time. When I do, its usually TCPMP playing MP3s in the background while I'm running something else. And, knock on wood, they all work without a hitch. Search for the maintenance-type things above and see if that doesn't help.

The OS isn't very intuitive. Coming from a Palm OS point of view, that very well could be. For Me, coming from Windows on the PC - its very intuitive. (I know what directories under-the-covers to look at when things don't totally uninstall, etc). And several people here are a lot smarter than I am on this. If you have any specific issues that aren't already addressed, post them here and I'm sure someone will be able to help. That's been my experience thus far.

Hopefully this gives you some insight into why I bought and am keeping this phone. It does everything I wanted it to, and about 10 times more things than I'd expected it could. Almost every day I find something new that this can do or a way to use it that I hadn't thought of. For me, its a way cool piece of technology. It Does have some issues - but I've learned to live with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    Hahah sorry.

I'm all about keeping my device clean and running smoothly, and I do a lot of research before I install 3rd party devices.

I have always been a POS guy, and the 700w is my first winmo device. I love it. I initially got it for work, and of course, it was hard to get used to at first.

Now that I have, I love what I can do with it.

Keep your device clean, treat it nice, and it will be nice to you too.
    ...I think alot of people treat their device like a sock droor when it comes to keeping it clean...their more woried about keeping it clean and beautiful on the outside. Their still is an issues with the P and W that are inevidible, but I keep mine clean and do research aslo before I install apps, and I don't install needless apps like PalmPuke or anything like that, not saying that its bad but I just think its useless, and my device is running fast and awesome...to date I only have 7 apps installed and that is all I need for now.
    at&t iPhone3G