Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blulegend
    What file did you make a shortcut to?
    I made a shortcut to the google map install file, but discovered it was two clicks quicker just to use the MIDP app.
    I have DLink webcams at home that have built-in web servers. And they'll download a java app to view live video. Will this java install work with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by tccook View Post
    I have DLink webcams at home that have built-in web servers. And they'll download a java app to view live video. Will this java install work with that?
    It is an applet, actually. Any way to run this on the treo? I have the bandwidth...
    Using Google Maps on my Treo 700w, and selecting Traffic - I get the follwing error "This phone cannot display traffic". Does it work for anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
    Using Google Maps on my Treo 700w, and selecting Traffic - I get the follwing error "This phone cannot display traffic". Does it work for anyone?
    Works for me. I just installed yesterday. Treo 700w.
    When I go to the google.com/gmm page, it takes me to a home page (google.com/gmm/index.html) with no link for downloading and no way to download. How do I get to the download page?
    Laissez Faire
    It works for me. Is there a touchscreen compatible version?
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
    You selected the wrong google map link.
    blulegend,

Awesome find! I did everything exactly as instructed and now I have a semi-java based 700wx! With EVDO, it is easy to zoom and navigate around the word via sat stills. Thanks!

-Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    using the very first post - works like a charm - thanks bluelegend
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    soft reset after install is the key here

HTH somebody!
    i have tried the install and get a microsoft runtime error line 3 character 0 object doesn't suppoert this property
    i hit ok and get google maps (no traffic)
    i am confused
    For people that are having the issue where it says "enter url" you went to far in your installation.

When you get to the screen that says that it was installed and there is an ok and menu options just click the menu option and launch.

Also I was able to add a icon to my desktop to start the google maps with 1 click. To bad touch screen doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Thanks to grizer pointing out the obvious, I finally figured it out. When using traffic, does the program advise you of incidents or let you know what roadway is congested? I noticed when I zoomed in tight enough to see the roadways, the Name of the roadway was not visible. Any ideas?
    How again was the 1 click loading accomplished?
    Another way to get java apps on your 700w/wx is to use a file uploader such as www.funformobile.com . Upload the .jad and .jar apps from your computer (I did this with MyCast 5 Weather)

You will get a text message with a URL to the java app. Write down the URL and then in the J9 app on your w/wx, hit Install and then type in the URL....presto...I got MyCast installed and it works much better than it did on my 700p. So far, it has not crashed once.
    ot: why pay for 3.99/month for a weather app?
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    ot: why pay for 3.99/month for a weather app?
    It's free, dude. Got it on ringerpost a while ago and I still have it on my computer.....
    ah, ok cool
    Got GPS Weather channel too but Location Based services don't seem to work on the 700wx so it's pointless.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast