Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 94
  1. #21  
    I went and downloaded J9 JVM from the website. I installed to to main memory and soft reset afterwards. I went to www.google.com/gmm and is asks me if I would like to isntall the advanced version or the basic version.

    Either way it brings me to the "MEDlet Install". It asks for a "URL of the MIDlet that you would like to install."

    I tried www.google.com.gmm but it says "The Application decriptor was missing the required MIDlet-Name field"... WTH?!

  2.    #22  
    I get either high-end version or mainstream version. I think I installed the high-end version. It installed automatically for me after it downloaded. I just had to say OK a few times since it wasn't signed and stuff like that.
  3. #23  
    I downloaded the applet, then clicked it in file manager, and the JVM did the install.
  4. #24  
    Hi folks,

    Here's TV2Nite, the Jad & Jar files version of it. Here's some information about the program: Treocentral Tv2Nite Page

    Would be very interested to hear if it works, how it looks, etc.

    Thanks!
    -G
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken_Monk
    I went and downloaded J9 JVM from the website. I installed to to main memory and soft reset afterwards. I went to www.google.com/gmm and is asks me if I would like to isntall the advanced version or the basic version.

    Either way it brings me to the "MEDlet Install". It asks for a "URL of the MIDlet that you would like to install."

    I tried www.google.com.gmm but it says "The Application decriptor was missing the required MIDlet-Name field"... WTH?!

    Hey this happened to me too. I soft-reset, and then it worked.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Hi folks,

    Here's TV2Nite, the Jad & Jar files version of it. Here's some information about the program: Treocentral Tv2Nite Page

    Would be very interested to hear if it works, how it looks, etc.

    Thanks!
    -G
    Well it seemed to install ok and shows up as an app in MIDP-AMS, however when I launch it I see "please wait" for a few seconds and then it returns to the apps list. No errors are reported.

    If you have a debug version that you want me to try let me know.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip
    Well it seemed to install ok and shows up as an app in MIDP-AMS, however when I launch it I see "please wait" for a few seconds and then it returns to the apps list. No errors are reported.

    If you have a debug version that you want me to try let me know.
    Oh.. That app is a little complex, here's a simpler one, let me know if it works, this is RottenTomatoMeter.

    Thanks a lot for trying it out!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  8.    #28  
    Those apps seem to be Palm OS apps that require Java, not stand alone Java applets.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by blulegend
    Those apps seem to be Palm OS apps that require Java, not stand alone Java applets.
    No, they're not. They're actually J2ME standard applications which do not have a single line of Palm specific code.

    On Palm OS, we can package Jad & Jar J2ME applications into very convenient PRC files that we can install via hotsync or OTA, which might be why you're confused about it. That and the screenshots, which are only Palm OS's interpretation of form-based J2ME apps.

    The zip file I attached above (for both) is the jar & jad J2ME standard distribution. can someone please try out Rotten Tomatoes? That one is quite simple, it should work.

    -g
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  10.    #30  
    The easiest way to install is if we can download the jad right from the PIE browser. If I go directly to that post and try to get the prc it still won't work because PIE won't let us change the extension.
  11. #31  
    Cool beans, here are the direct links:

    RottenTomatoMeter.jar
    RottenTomatoMeter.jad

    -g
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  12. #32  
    RottenTomatoMeter installs and runs fine. There are a few screen issues. For example the bottom of the View screen is cut off at the bottom of the Show Times url box and some fonts are being clipped off in the middle of the screen right above the TomatoesURL: title for some movies.

    Edit: Also Reviews and ShowTimes actions seem to do nothing even after setting my zip code in the prefs.
  13. #33  
    Now if the google maps could just triangulate my position from cell towers I'd be in map heaven.
  14. #34  
    I cant get this thing to work for the life of me.. I even tried a soft reset..
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by blulegend
    Actually, just navigate to http://www.google.com/gmm in PIE on your 700w. When you select to download and install the program, it will automatically give you the option to install it in the Java engine.
    I'm having the same error. I'm not clear where I save the file to. How do I install it in the java engine?
  16. #36  
    just install virtual earth to ur storage card. (after the java install)
    http://www.zwampy.com/ppc/pages/apps.htm
    Im also having problem installing google maps. So I tried virtual earth and it works perfectly. Can even zoom in to manila
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by duken2389
    just install virtual earth to ur storage card. (after the java install)
    http://www.zwampy.com/ppc/pages/apps.htm
    Im also having problem installing google maps. So I tried virtual earth and it works perfectly. Can even zoom in to manila
    I have virtual earth running well from the storage card but was hoping to get GoogleEarth installed since they have, or appear to have, a traffic function. If other than that they are the same I'll stick with virtual earth.
  18. #38  
    Thanks for this, Google Maps is great. Traffic view does work, although since it is Sunday I haven't had a chance to compare to the news to see how accurate it is.

    To install I downloaded the Java CAB to my phone and installed to the storage card. I then browsed to the Google site and downloaded the enhanced phone version. It all went smooth.
  19. #39  
    Is there a way to create a program shortcut to run google map through the list of programs or do I have to launch it through MIDP-AMS and selecting it from the list and clicking on launch?

    <edit> please disregard, I just did shortcut in the program files folder.
    Last edited by littlewaywelt; 08/21/2006 at 09:11 AM.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    Is there a way to create a program shortcut to run google map through the list of programs or do I have to launch it through MIDP-AMS and selecting it from the list and clicking on launch?

    <edit> please disregard, I just did shortcut in the program files folder.
    What file did you make a shortcut to?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions