1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried Pocket Informant?
    http://www.iambic.com/select/default.asp?itemid=120

How much memory does it use? 240x240 friendly?

What are other PIM programs people are using?
    also, does it have good support for 5-way and soft keys?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    PI is one of the favorite PPC apps of all time. Great developer who is constantly improving a great product.

He also has a 700W himself as his primary device.

My guess is that the new version (and especially the upcoming PI2007) will be very useful on the Treo.

You might want to check out the forums on his site (www.pocketinformant.com) and download the public beta of the new version. It's supposed to be close to release.

Their other software is good, too. (Especially FlexWallet and FlexMail.)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I use PI and highly recommend it.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I'm also using PI becuase the default apps are just not enough. PI though is overkill for me. Does anyone know if there's something simpler out there? I love the Palm OS PIM apps for their simiplicity. I just don't really need all the extra power of PI. Anyone know of anything good?

Thanks!
    I vote for Pocket Informant as well. Bundle it with Pocket Breeze and I'm in scheduling heaven.
    I just got PI. It seems to be a massive memory drain and is quite slow. I've turned of Voice Command and it still takes up nearly all space running me down to 5mb. The only plugin I'm using is spb weather. Does that take a lot of memory as well? ...and does anyone know if there's a way to get rid of the bar and icon it keeps placing on the bottom of my today screen?
    I'm interested in this as well. I installed PI and tried it out for a very short while, decided I wasn't for it - too complicated and/or just not the right UI metaphors for me. Which is funny, because I was a longtime Datebk4 user - although I didn't like Agendus, which was closer to PI I think.

I just want a calendar and tasks app that actually has useful and quick keyboard navigation and a simple week display view. Hm.
    I've been using Agenda Fusion 8 on my Dell x50v but when I installed it onto my 700w, it took forever to load and a bit buggy so I decided to go with PI (smaller prog) and now it runs perfectly. I love AF but I'll stick with PI for my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoCerts
    I've been using Agenda Fusion 8 on my Dell x50v but when I installed it onto my 700w, it took forever to load and a bit buggy so I decided to go with PI (smaller prog) and now it runs perfectly. I love AF but I'll stick with PI for my Treo.
    Do you know how to get rid of the bar on the today screen? There doesn't seem to be a way to remove the plugin.
  11.    #11  
    I will look on my Treo but I am prety sure it was one the the million different preference settings it has. I do know that I somehow got rid of it.
    Pocket Informant for me
    I've been using PI2007 beta, and I LOVE it.
    There is a MASSIVE list of options and that little icon was one that bugged me too. To get rid of it, go to Customize / Interface (middle icon) / Advance / (Uncheck) Enable System Tray Icon.

What's new in PI 2007?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    What's the difference between Pocket Informant and Pocket Breeze? Are they similar apps or totally different?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoCerts
    There is a MASSIVE list of options and that little icon was one that bugged me too. To get rid of it, go to Customize / Interface (middle icon) / Advance / (Uncheck) Enable System Tray Icon.

What's new in PI 2007?
    Thank you very much. I never noticed the drop down arrows on the icons to change from general to advanced and other settings.