1.    #1  
    So i updated the phone, started new service with hosted exchange, and I'm using Direct Push Sp2.

The phone worked GREAT for the first couple of days..
    And now its VERY sluggish.. For no reason it seems.. What could be the cause of this??

Since i did the updater, i never did the "fake Server" trick with Active Sync.. Should i do that again? The phone never "Stays asleep" when i try to turn it on so i figured i didnt need to do that again..

Can anyone help??
    I would do the fake server trick. I was having problems with the phone becoming slow and everytime I would turn on my screen it would ask to search my card for media files. After the fake server trick, it all went away.
  3.    #3  
    So you can still do the fake server trick while using exchange activesync (Direct Push)?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381
    I would do the fake server trick. I was having problems with the phone becoming slow and everytime I would turn on my screen it would ask to search my card for media files. After the fake server trick, it all went away.
    what is the fake server trick? i have had the media files problem also and Verizon said there was no fix for it.
    if you have direct push enabled you don't need this trick because there doesn't seem to be an issue. It only seems to happen when you are only syncronizing with the cable. One side note, after you set the schedule to manual, it will still start up when you connect it to the sync cable, so you will need to manually close active sync on your treo each time this happens. after you close it, it won't open back up again until you reconnect your treo to the cable again.
    INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. open up activesync on your treo
    2. Click on menu (right soft key)
    3. select "add server source"
    4. put anything in the server address field i.e. the letter "f" click next
    5. put the same thing in the username, password, and domain
    6. click advanced, then under the "If there is a conflict" select "keep the item on my device", click next
    7. under "choose the data you want to synchronize" uncheck everything, click finish!

Now you have the fake exchange server set up, now click on menu and the schedule option will be there, click on schedule and then you can choose to sync manually or another time of your choosing!

Now you need to get rid of the exhange server so,
    1. click menu, then options, then highlight the exchange server and then click delete. That will get rid of the exchange server, but it will still keep the sync settings that you just set up!
    Quote Originally Posted by akramer84
    what is the fake server trick? i have had the media files problem also and Verizon said there was no fix for it.
    Off topic I know, sorry..........but Verizon is Stupid, most of the time they don't train there reps very well, they just read everything off of a screen and if your problem isn't listed, then they don't know how to fix it. I don't understand how people that know nothing about cell phones can get a job with them, but I love cell phones and know alot about them, and can't seem to get a job with anyone but a third party dealer..........heh, oh well, that is my vent for now!
  7.    #7  
    if you have direct push enabled you don't need this trick because there doesn't seem to be an issue.
    So i'm back to square 1 here.. I dont need to do the 'fake server' trick it seems.. Why all of the sudden is my phone acting sluggish again? It even takes FOREVER to do a soft reset?! I know what Verizon is going to tell me so i dont even want to call them.. They'll say "DO a hard reset and see if that helps"...

I'm on my 3rd treo because of this very same problem.. What is causing it??????????
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    If it's the 3rd Treo with the exact same issue, my best guess it's something yuo have installed on the Treo - software? or a setting you have adjusted.
  9.    #9  
    But the issue ONLY happens after peforming the Palm/Verizon update (The update from the Devil!). THe phone runs SO NICELY utill i do the update.. Every phone has been exactly the same...
    So i really dont think its anything i have installed on the phone.. This one has really stumped me..
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Weird. maybe your checking your email too often? or syncing too many folders? I did not notice any change in performance after I updated.
  11.    #11  
    But why would the Pre-Updated phone be able to "handle" what i was doing on it? Thats what dosent make sense.. Its only the Post-updated phone that cant "handle" whatever it is im doing to it...

Im going to request a new phone (one that isnt refurbished) and make sure the update is ALREADY on the device when it get it.. Maybe thats the problem - ME!

So weird...
    Do you have applications that closes app like Magic Button or SKTool. Some 3rd party applications try to close Activesync. ActiveSync can not be closed. If you close it, it will restart and resync again. I have the same problem until I removed Magic Button which was closing activesync and activesync is restarting and resynching and slowing down my phone.
  13.    #13  
    i have no 3rd party apps downloaded. Nothing at all. The only thing i use that didnt come with the phone is a storage card.
    if you use CloseAll.exe instead of magic button, it will close all programs except for activesync.

It can be gotten here: http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/treo-...ne-handed.html
    FOllow the instructions in the first post. I've been using it since I've gotten my Treo in February. Love it.
    oh and tama: I recommend getting a program like Space Reclaimer and using it to clean your registry and delete temp files that might bog your system down.

Remember, your treo is like a laptop, it needs to be cleaned out every once in a while.

I've also been using Space Reclaimer since February, and its easy on the resources, nothing runs in the background, and does what you need it to do, only when you need it to do it.
    Others have used MemAid for this, I believe. Space Reclaimer is Microsoft-certified. It will clear your registry of unused keys, from deleted programs, files, etc. It will also clear your temp directories, clear PIE cache, etc.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Does the 700W run the same or better/worse with the SD card removed?
    If you have about 20 reminders and keep snoozing them about 1 day without connecting your phone to your computer, WM5 seems not able to handle all of these queued up, I end up having to clear the notification queue