1.    #1  
    Is anyone familiar with AvantGo? I used it on my 650 and liked it. Is there any real benefit from that ap versus just going to the web for things like USA Today which was one of my channels? Another channel that was handy was one that told me all the radio stations in towns that I am traveling through.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Avant-Go urls work in Blazer, though many are closely guarded secrets. I use the Yahoo one, pg1.yahoo.com, and many others. I don't use Avant-Go anymore, but its offline browsing ability is quite cool.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, this site looks really promising. Is there a way to get it remember your ID and password?
    What is the Server URL for AvantGo 6? I have 6.0 but some pages say that I have a version mismatch. I am assuming version 5 and 6 have different sync urls. My device is syncing to sync.avantgo.cóm. Can some using 6 check their preferences and see what the server url is?
    I don't have access to PC to sync version 6 from .exe file.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rucksdashel
    Thanks, this site looks really promising. Is there a way to get it remember your ID and password?
    everytime i start the avantgo program, this latest version requires me to enter my password and synchronize before allowing me to access the content or work offline. its such a p.i.t.a. to have to do that every time... so annoying that i've since uninstalled it and i'm now looking for the previous version i was using. the older versions of avantgo was awesome, allowed me to do stuff while offline and worked great!

latest version =
    Quote Originally Posted by ft5117
    everytime i start the avantgo program, this latest version requires me to enter my password and synchronize before allowing me to access the content or work offline. its such a p.i.t.a. to have to do that every time... so annoying that i've since uninstalled it and i'm now looking for the previous version i was using. the older versions of avantgo was awesome, allowed me to do stuff while offline and worked great!

latest version =
    Yeah, it didn't used to do that, I wonder what is going on? Having to enter your password each time is very irritating. Maybe we missed something.

Update:
    I found this: http://w3t.org/u/w3s
    The setting is in Server Preferences/Settings
    Not sure if it is entirely fixed yet though...

Update2:
    Seems fixed now.
    Last edited by copernicus; 08/09/2006 at 11:18 AM.