1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,
    Yesterday i set up the Direct Push on my phone. We are using a hosted exchange provider (Intermedia.net). I noticed that there are alot of posts on here about "tweaking" the server settings to get the best battery life..

However since i am unable to to anything to Intermedia's server - is there anything i CAN do??
    My battery is OK - but not as good as it was.. Am i basically in a bind here since i cant control the actual server? Please help!!

BTW- Direct push is AMAZING - especially compared to Wireless Sync!!
  2.    #2  
    So i talked to tech support yesterday because my battery has performed worse since i switched to Direct Push. I wanted to make sure they had their servers set up right.. Here was their response:

According to our phone conversation I am sending you some details regarding Direct Push setup on our side. So, currently there are no special registry entries that would alter default hard-coded heartbeat interval values as per the following Knowledge Base article (the table with default minimum and maximum heartbeat intervals is down on that page):

Enterprise firewall configuration for Exchange ActiveSync Direct Push Technology
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905013/en-us

Also, our Product Engineers had informed us before that everything had been setup for ActiveSync to work correctly.
    So i guess they have their end set up correctly.. Is there anything i can do on my end?
  3.    #3  
    Anyone.. Anyone??
    turn down ur screen brightness
    aside from that... i duno. i've gotten used to the decrease in battery life. just charge more often.

what's worse is when u havve push going, and a bluetooth headset connected.

battery life disappears after that.