1.    #1  
    I have seen numerous threads on moving data from a 650 to a 700 but what about from a Pal OS based device (Zire 72) to the Windows based 700W? I am totally lost on how this can be accomplished. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a good backup of my data on Palm Desktop and have the new Active Sync installed for the Treo. The question is, now what? Thanks in advance for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by braksbuddy
    I have seen numerous threads on moving data from a 650 to a 700 but what about from a Pal OS based device (Zire 72) to the Windows based 700W? I am totally lost on how this can be accomplished. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a good backup of my data on Palm Desktop and have the new Active Sync installed for the Treo. The question is, now what? Thanks in advance for your help!
    Syncing a zire shouldn't be much if at all different than going from a palm based treo 650 to a wm5 based treo700w.
    If your zire is up to date you could reset your sync software to hotsync with outlook. Once all your data is in outlook you can sync to the treo.
    Alternatively, chapura sells a wm5 conduit that allows you to sync with palm desktop pim software.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Braksbuddy,

Its no chore at all. Are you talking files or what? If you were syncing your Palm Zire with Outlook then the new 700W will get the same info synced. At most you would have to move your files from your palm sync folder to the new 700w sync folder.

Of course applications and settings are not going to sync as they are not compatable.

If you were using Palms PIM with the zire and not syncing with outlook then you are going to have an issue. I guess you could setup outlook, change the sync method on the palm and get outlook to propogate and then sync with the new 700w. Either way it should be a simple process.