Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seems like someone is working on threaded SMS for the Q here: http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=23805#23805

Any updates on hopeful programs for the 700w?
    They have a threaded SMS program at trianglepowers.com. It's slow to load, but it runs. It seemed buggy to me, but you may have better luck.

http://www.trianglepowers.com/ppc6700/
  3.    #3  
    Tried it and it was very buggy.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blulegend
    Seems like someone is working on threaded SMS for the Q here: http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=23805#23805

Any updates on hopeful programs for the 700w?
    Just tried this program on the QTEK 9100, and it seems to work. You guys should try it out, its pretty neat and the closest you'll get to the palm treo sms experience.
  5.    #5  
    So you're saying it works for PPC and Smartphone?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    So you're saying it works for PPC and Smartphone?
    Yes I am. I think he developed it primarily for the Q, but its seems to work very nicely on my PPC. No crashes at all, and I had a nice sms conversation with a friend this morning using the software. It does require the new .net framework to be loaded. Heres the link on the Q users board.

http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopi...er=asc&start=0
    Last edited by TomUps; 07/25/2006 at 12:02 PM.
  7.    #7  
    I tried it and it seems to be requesting delivery notification for all SMS I send through it. Does it do that for you?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I tried it and it seems to be requesting delivery notification for all SMS I send through it. Does it do that for you?
    No it doesnt. Remember Im testing on a 9100 (on tmobile), not a treo. I wonder if its a verizon thing your seeing. I think the program is a little rough around the edges, but has alot of potential and is definately usable (in my case atleast) now.
    so if installed would this take over the outlook sms so if i received a text would it go right to this program and alert me or would outlook sms recieve the text?
  10.    #10  
    Only when the program is running will it grab incoming sms.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yeah, the program has to be running. I think the dev. said he was looking into the hooks so it can grab the incoming sms by default. I put the program in my startup and leave it running all day as Im finding I do alot of sms lately. Anyway, so far Im really impressed.
    I installed it and am liking it as well. I DO need to put it in my startup AND mark it as no-kill in SKTools, as it takes a LOOOONG time to start from my storage card.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Yeah, the program has to be running. I think the dev. said he was looking into the hooks so it can grab the incoming sms by default. I put the program in my startup and leave it running all day as Im finding I do alot of sms lately. Anyway, so far Im really impressed.
    How do you put a program in your startup? Does that mean that the program starts automatically after a soft reset?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Forget it. I figured it out. Does anyone know if there's a way to just have it run in the background after a soft reset? Right now when I do a soft reset the program opens on the screen and I have to click the "x" to close it (it's still running in the background obviously). I'd like to be able to just have it run automatically in the background after a soft reset. Is this even possible?
    The big thing is to mark it for no kill. I start the app and let it run, but it often closes on it's own.

Does anyone know a good way to accomplish that? Is Sktools the only way? If so, how about the skinny on the procedure.

Thanks,
    Bruce
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd
    Forget it. I figured it out. Does anyone know if there's a way to just have it run in the background after a soft reset? Right now when I do a soft reset the program opens on the screen and I have to click the "x" to close it (it's still running in the background obviously). I'd like to be able to just have it run automatically in the background after a soft reset. Is this even possible?
    If you can find someone "Smart" to write a script for you that you can use with mortscript, then that would solve your problem.
  17.    #17  
    Are you guys receiving delivery notifications when using this program? I can't figure out why I am and my notifications are turned off.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Are you guys receiving delivery notifications when using this program? I can't figure out why I am and my notifications are turned off.
    I am too. It's annoying as hell.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I am not getting them on my 9100 on tmobile.
    blulegend.....there is another updated version he just added to the thread.....solved my delivery notification problem......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast