Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. rrmccabe's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am looking for software or hacks to improve the dialer on my new Treo 700w.

    I would like more options and ways to pop up the dial pad. Currently calling voicemail is a challenge as some of the functions I need require the dial pad. To get tot he dial pad requires the stylus or something sharper than my fat thumb.

    Just would like to make it more "phone like" than it is.

    Any ideas?

    Rich
  2. #2  
    just use the right menu button and then use the four way pad to move it down the list till you get the dial pad.....i never use this feature though.....and set up your voice mail to a certain key on the key board that you feel comfortable with and then set up your auto password entry for voicemail and you wont need any buttons at all
  3. #3  
    I think the device is set by default to call voicemail when you press 1 and hold it down on the today screen. I think this phone has the best dialer on the market, (and equal to the Q.)
  4. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #4  
    Christ, I haven't had the need to use the dialer yet. I've always used either call log, Look Up Field (my Fav) or the green button that has my most recent calls.
  5. mkjellman's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #5  
    robdam...same

    one thing i notice is people who just use my phone get aggrivated when the first 2 numbers they press have letters. it doesn't bother me in the least but once you get by that...the lookup field is the way to go. no easier way to get numbers called on any phone i have ever owned
  6. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkjellman
    robdam...same

    one thing i notice is people who just use my phone get aggrivated when the first 2 numbers they press have letters. it doesn't bother me in the least but once you get by that...the lookup field is the way to go. no easier way to get numbers called on any phone i have ever owned

    totally agree! It's awesome.
  7. rrmccabe's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
       #7  
    I am using the dialpad thing when I start a new call. But its not flawless.

    As an example I call someone and it stays press 225 to reach sales. The dial bad has already dropped out after you connected and the only way to get it back up is to hit the menu button and then dial. Hopefully you can get this done before the automated phone system times out.

    Also when you get a voice mail. They have it setup so you can click the voicemail prompt and it will dial VM. Of course all VM has a password like #9999. But no dialpad when this comes up. You have to hit the menu, click dialpad, and then dial the #. Once again hopefully before it times out and you end up leaving yourself a message on VM.

    To make it worse if you want to use the speakerphone... Same proccess. Need to use the dialpad and speakerphone. You have to do it in the right order because the speakerphone is not available when the dialpad is up.

    Rich
  8. #8  
    Not sure if you saw this thread, but it solves the speakerphone issue. It allows you to turn on the speakerphone prior to dialing.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=111968
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rrmccabe
    Also when you get a voice mail. They have it setup so you can click the voicemail prompt and it will dial VM. Of course all VM has a password like #9999. But no dialpad when this comes up. You have to hit the menu, click dialpad, and then dial the #. Once again hopefully before it times out and you end up leaving yourself a message on VM.


    Rich
    Why can't you just use the number keys on the keyboard? Too small?
  10. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rrmccabe
    I am using the dialpad thing when I start a new call. But its not flawless.

    As an example I call someone and it stays press 225 to reach sales. The dial bad has already dropped out after you connected and the only way to get it back up is to hit the menu button and then dial. Hopefully you can get this done before the automated phone system times out.

    Also when you get a voice mail. They have it setup so you can click the voicemail prompt and it will dial VM. Of course all VM has a password like #9999. But no dialpad when this comes up. You have to hit the menu, click dialpad, and then dial the #. Once again hopefully before it times out and you end up leaving yourself a message on VM.

    To make it worse if you want to use the speakerphone... Same proccess. Need to use the dialpad and speakerphone. You have to do it in the right order because the speakerphone is not available when the dialpad is up.

    Rich

    I set my VM to dial by pressing and holding down 1 on the keypad - the hard button. Then, I customize it so that the 700W automatically dials my VM password and the # sign.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam
    Christ, I haven't had the need to use the dialer yet. I've always used either call log, Look Up Field (my Fav) or the green button that has my most recent calls.
    Me too. I got mine in the beginning of January and I have never used the on screen dialpad once.

    What this phone does need though is the ability to have a speed dial that isn't displayed. I'd like to be able to just hold down a number and have it dial someone without having to have that bar or picture taking up real estate on the screen.
  12. vassago's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rrmccabe
    I am using the dialpad thing when I start a new call. But its not flawless.

    As an example I call someone and it stays press 225 to reach sales. The dial bad has already dropped out after you connected and the only way to get it back up is to hit the menu button and then dial. Hopefully you can get this done before the automated phone system times out.

    Also when you get a voice mail. They have it setup so you can click the voicemail prompt and it will dial VM. Of course all VM has a password like #9999. But no dialpad when this comes up. You have to hit the menu, click dialpad, and then dial the #. Once again hopefully before it times out and you end up leaving yourself a message on VM.

    To make it worse if you want to use the speakerphone... Same proccess. Need to use the dialpad and speakerphone. You have to do it in the right order because the speakerphone is not available when the dialpad is up.

    Rich
    I'm confused. You don't need to pull up the dialpad on-screen to enter your password for voicemail or for an automated phone system. Once you are connected, the 0-9 keys on the QWERTY keyboard enter the correct tones to work those services. Am I missing something?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam
    I set my VM to dial by pressing and holding down 1 on the keypad - the hard button. Then, I customize it so that the 700W automatically dials my VM password and the # sign.
    This sounds like somethink I could use! How did you do that?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    Me too. I got mine in the beginning of January and I have never used the on screen dialpad once.

    What this phone does need though is the ability to have a speed dial that isn't displayed. I'd like to be able to just hold down a number and have it dial someone without having to have that bar or picture taking up real estate on the screen.
    Speed dials work without the today plug-in enabled. But it would be nice to be able to select which speed dials show up in the plug-in and which don't. It would be nice too if you could set it to run programs and internet links as well like the Palm OS dialer's favorites.

    Someone should create a dialer plug-in that I can load at the bottom of the today screen so if I scroll all the way to the bottom, the dialer will be there.
  15. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    Me too. I got mine in the beginning of January and I have never used the on screen dialpad once.

    What this phone does need though is the ability to have a speed dial that isn't displayed. I'd like to be able to just hold down a number and have it dial someone without having to have that bar or picture taking up real estate on the screen.

    It does~!
  16. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by rucksdashel
    This sounds like somethink I could use! How did you do that?

    From Today Screen

    MENU

    SPEED DIAL OPTIONS

    Select the speed dial you want to edit

    Select Advanced Tab

    Add extra digits in the EXTRA DIGITS box (add your password and the # sign)

    check mark in DIAL EXTRA DIGITS AUTOMATICALLY
  17. #17  
    Fabulous!! Thanks for this little time saver.
  18. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by vassago
    I'm confused. You don't need to pull up the dialpad on-screen to enter your password for voicemail or for an automated phone system. Once you are connected, the 0-9 keys on the QWERTY keyboard enter the correct tones to work those services. Am I missing something?

    No, you got it right.
  19. rrmccabe's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
       #19  
    Its more a size issue with me. AND I did not realize the # key worked when in dial mode, but it does. * works too.

    Just wish the onscreen dialer was configurable so it could be ON when in dial mode.

    Probably just as well, as windows is slow sometimes and I cant get the dialpad to come up fast enough.

    Thanks,

    Rich
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by blulegend
    Speed dials work without the today plug-in enabled. But it would be nice to be able to select which speed dials show up in the plug-in and which don't.
    I'd like to be able to use a few pics, but not all. I wasn't aware though that I could turn off the plugin feature and still have the number dial work. That's better than nothing, I guess.

Posting Permissions