1.    #1  
    I've got around 5000 text messages in my inbox/outbox and I have recently tried to delete a bulk of them. Got each box down to 1700 or so, and decided to do a soft reset before deleting anymore. Unfortunately, after the reset, it went back to the previous amount of messages, but didn't have any recent ones. It went back to the most recent one of being like the 9th of July.

Are there any temp folders that contain the messages? Its really starting to kill my phone, and I found a "Messaging" folder in the Windows folder on the phone, but I'm not sure what those millions of files are for. They don't seem to do anything after deleting them.

Do I need to do a hard reset? I really hate to lose all my junk, but it seems to be the only way out. I haven't done a hard reset in the 7 months I've had the phone, but maybe its overdue.

Thanks for any help!
    Try Menu->Tools->Clear "Text Messages"
  3.    #3  
    Tried that... Left it for about 15 minutes and it just sat there and didn't do anything. Maybe I'll leave it over night and see what it does though.
  4.    #4  
    Well, I left it on for about 6 hours, and it got rid of about 1200 messages in the inbox, and looks like it actually GAINED messages in the sent items (instead of the first message being from April, its now from March). Any other ideas?
    WHOA... does it take that long to delete messages? I have bout 4K+ messages and I have tried the clear texts and it took forever... I didnt think it was doing anything but when I looked ye, the last text was different...
  6.    #6  
    Wow, the one day I happen to be cruising TC, I see an old thread of mine bump...

I used to do this when I would go to sleep and leave it run. I have since installed the threaded app - haven't had a problem with my phone since. It has relieved all issues of slowing the phone down, needing to delete (eventho I really don't need to delete, it doesn't seem to slow the phone down whatsoever), etc. I would recommend getting it yeargrad instead of wasting your time with the original app that came on the phone.

Hard reset + threaded app = best option.
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Wow, the one day I happen to be cruising TC, I see an old thread of mine bump...

I used to do this when I would go to sleep and leave it run. I have since installed the threaded app - haven't had a problem with my phone since. It has relieved all issues of slowing the phone down, needing to delete (eventho I really don't need to delete, it doesn't seem to slow the phone down whatsoever), etc. I would recommend getting it yeargrad instead of wasting your time with the original app that came on the phone.

Hard reset + threaded app = best option.
    Got a link to this "threaded app"

I have the sms hack...but Im fairly new to the phone
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139379

It's the sticky at the top of the first page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139379

It's the sticky at the top of the first page.
    Thats for WM6... does it matter, I have WM5... and how will that help? What exactly does it do?
    It will work on WM5.

It basically just puts the texts in a chat mode, so you don't have to go back and forth between messages all the time to see what you were talking about.

It also seems to run faster than the original application that handles SMS...so it may be easier to delete messages with this.