1.    #1  
    Hi Guys,

As the tite says i am after an mp3 player alarm clock for WM5, tryed a search but found nothing.

Any reccommendations.

Thanks.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Anyone?
    I'm still looking myself, but one I've seen recommended is SPB Time at www.spbsoftwarehouse.com
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I'm evaluating alarmclocks and the spbsoftwarehosuer alarmclose would be ideal if it had a silent vibrate feature.
    Pocket Clock is a lot like Palmary Clock I have on my 650. I'm still not sure who will get my cash but it's probably between these two.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    pTravelAlarm for Windows Mobile

http://www.burroak.on.ca/pta.html

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I tried PocketClock and liked it's UI, but it can only handle wave files it seems. I tried SPB Time and didn't like it's UI for a number of reasons (one is that it supports 240x240 but it looks like the bottom is just cut off rather than trying to fit) and the thing is 3.7MB installed!! pTravelAlarm looks very nice, I'll have to try it. I just wish they can a cab download.
    Chronos is easy to use, 100% reliable, lots of options, plays many media types, runs from the card, doesn't need to be active, doesn't lose track of things after a reset, has an option to ignore system sound settings. I tried many others before buying. http://www.activekitten.com/en/games/detail.php?ID=351
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    PalmaryClock is a great! app..
    Iv'e got it chiming hourly with faint Big bend clock.. It has alarms also, mp3,etc..
    The Clock/calendar screen comes on after hotsync..

I love it
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    JamesRitter,

Are you getting startup errors about missing ChronosStartup.exe every time you reset your device?
    For WM5?? I think this app is Palm OS only. I already have a great product for Palm OS, mobileClock. I'm looking for a WM5 equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    PalmaryClock is a great! app..
    Iv'e got it chiming hourly with faint Big bend clock.. It has alarms also, mp3,etc..
    The Clock/calendar screen comes on after hotsync..

I love it
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970 View Post
    JamesRitter,

Are you getting startup errors about missing ChronosStartup.exe every time you reset your device?
    No, not every time. Maybe 1/2 the time, but its not an issue it still keeps track and never misses an alarm event. Its just annoying to have to dismiss that popup error after a reset. That is the only hang-up and its not a real hang-up since everything still works perfect.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    For WM5?? I think this app is Palm OS only. I already have a great product for Palm OS, mobileClock. I'm looking for a WM5 equivalent.
    WOW..excuse me. Sorry I'll go back to the Palm side of the room..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Ill second Chronos for the timebeing.. I like it better than SPB Time which SPB didnt take much time making square. Also SPB lacks vibrate which is essential for me. I shall probably buy Chronos.

Edit: when Chronos is running the whole system bogs down isnt real responsive, so I may change my mind about this program.
    Last edited by volwrath; 10/29/2006 at 09:58 AM.
    So far I like ptravelalarm best. It does what I need, but I'm having a problem with alarms going off in the morning after Sprite Backup has run at night. This has happend with every alarm program I've tried so far. But if I try to duplicate the problem during the day (let Sprite run automated, and then have an alarm scheduled) it works. If I run in the morning without the Sprite Backup then the alarm sounds. Still trying to figure this out.
    Just a quick note on pTravelAlarm: I was able to use UPX4PPC on the two .exe and two .dll files in the main directory.

Using maximum compression, I took the file size from 2.5 mb to 500kb

That's a huge savings and the program of course loads much quicker now. Just FYI.

(if you don't know UPX4PPC, look it up in the Wiki)

anyone tried the "alarm" feature on ringo? ringo is a program that allows mp3s to be ringtones. it also has other features.
    No because you can already use MP3 as ringtones without Ringo. I honestly don't know why someone would pay for a product that is useful on Palm OS, but isn't on WM5.
    Quote Originally Posted by freemans View Post
    I totally agree.