1.    #1  
    Today was miserably hot and I was outside. I took a call on my Treo while I was covered with sweat and ever since, the phone's operation has been hit or miss. It keeps dialing/displaying differnet numbers on teh screen, jumps from menu to menu and for the most part, is inoperable. Is there any way of saving the phone, or am I simply going to have to replace it (I do have insurance, of course)?

Thanks!
    Has it dried out and still exhibiting the same behavior?

Never heard of sweat killing a treo...might try a bt headset?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I think the Treo is pretty water resistant. I had the happy privilege of riding on an old fire engine in the 4th of July parade in Sierra Madre, CA and got drenched by the onlookers. Treo in pocket, of course. Left it out in the warm sun for a little bit to let things evaporate and all is well.
    Are you sure it was your sweat that caused it to malfunction and not the heat?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  5.    #5  
    Seems to be working fine this morning. I think you are right about the BT headset Devil Dog, but I haven't found one that can seem to keep it's relationship with my phone. I have the BT250V, the BT800 (which I don't like how it feels) and the Plantronics Voyager 510 and none of em keep their realtionship. Which one do you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by thepawnshop
    Seems to be working fine this morning. I think you are right about the BT headset Devil Dog, but I haven't found one that can seem to keep it's relationship with my phone. I have the BT250V, the BT800 (which I don't like how it feels) and the Plantronics Voyager 510 and none of em keep their realtionship. Which one do you use?
    Im using the bt250 and mine is working fine . no issuses
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    It killed my Treo600 years ago; I kept it naked in my breast pocket. The sweat and the salt caused the connections to short out and the keyboard also suffered some internal corrosion.

It was a gradual process, but ya IMO "Perspiration can Kill Your Treo"
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Quote Originally Posted by thepawnshop
    I use the motorola HS850 Bluetooth headset. I tried two others prior to getting the moto. The moto is pretty good. Once you get used to a good BT headset, you will wonder how you functioned before.

Also- Placing a treo in the refridgerator will dry it out. (not the freezer!)
    I ust the Jabra BT110. Simple, elegant, uses AAA batteries, WORKS!