1.    #1  
    can someone compare teh BT performance on the 700W with the 700P or 650? I am getting a new phone adn the BT on the 650 is not acceptable. I have read smilar about the 700P. I dont find much on the W, Thoughts?

Is the W as good as other phones on the market (non TREO)?
    Are you looking for compatibility with bt headsets? There are threads in this forum that discuss what works, but there are very few issues.

The bluetooth limitations on the w are
    1) no A2DP support.
    2) no bt voice dialing. There is voice dialing via the handset, but not the headset.
    3) no support for pda sounds over a bt headset.

PDANet works good over bt. Also ActiveSync works over bt on the w.
    Last edited by hannip; 07/18/2006 at 03:29 PM.
  3.    #3  
    thanks i know all that. the 650 connects sometimes adn not toers times w/ my plantonics 510, my jabra 250, the plan 640, and others i have tried. BT volume on the 650 is low. does the W have better connection sucess and volume?
    I don't know about those specific headsets, but I use the jabra jx-10 and I haven't had any problems at all, and the sound quality is excellent.
    The BT on the 700p while not "good" is much better for me than the 650 wich was just HORRIBLE. It still will only hold the connection for about 10 feet.
    If you want A2DP and AVRCP profiles, you should get the Treo 650 as Softick's Audio Gateway adds those to the 650. Audio Gateway isn't compatible with the 700P yet.
    I've never had connection issues on the w using my anycom HS890 and the volume is excellent.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I have the JX-10 and the Jabra 250 and both work great with my 700w.
    I am using 700w (coming from 650)
    Here are my findings in terms of function and not discussing form:

In order of the best for me (I have tried all of these):

1.Voyager 510. best sound on both ends. minimal bluetooth crackle
    2.jx10. very good sound on my end not so good at all on other end if in a crowded/noisy environment
    3.Discovery 645: very good sound on both ends, painfully slow to pick up calls. My caller is already saying hello, hello. Per plantronics and treocentral this is due to the "dsp"
    4.Discovery 640 good on my end and hard to hear on other end if in noisy environment
    5. sony erickson iv835 couldnt get to stay in ear and buttons suck(sorry, I know this is form) but good sound
    6.Nexgen sucks with 700w

Peace and chicken grease!
    What about car handsfree support? The 700W did have issues with all BMW (connection dropped) and some Acura handsfree (contact info not transferred) systems. I don't have any info on whether this was fixed with the AKU2 patch tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth255
    What about car handsfree support? The 700W did have issues with all BMW (connection dropped) and some Acura handsfree (contact info not transferred) systems. I don't have any info on whether this was fixed with the AKU2 patch tho...
    JETWare's handsfree extension might solve the issue with the contacts not being transferred. Might help with the connection also.
    I am going to try this this weekend. I have an 05 acura rl and ever since i went from 650 to w some of the handsfree capabilites dont work with the car.
    thanks for the info.