Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Just found this on the pdaphonehome 6700 board. The app works great just like directory assistance on palm

http://www.trianglepowers.com/ppc670...App.aspx?ID=26
    nice find!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    When I run this program, it says that I need the newer version of the .NET Compact Framework...

How do I get this?

THanks,

Jon
    I would post a link for you but I am on my treo. if you go to microsoft.com and in the search field type in .net compact framework, it will be the first choice that comes up
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoffy
    When I run this program, it says that I need the newer version of the .NET Compact Framework...

How do I get this?

THanks,

Jon
    Here you go:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Is this safe to do? I mean with the Treo running nicely, does adding the updated compact .net software "mess up" the treo?
    So far so good for me. I checked my program memory and it is still 12.75mb after soft reboot. As always, backup before making any changes.
    Keep us informed please! I am interested in this, since it would be a huge help. What is the backend (who does it use for its information)?
    I don't know what they use for directory assistance info, but for mapping and directions it uses mapquest.

There are some other interesting programs downloadable from trianglepowers.com website. One interesting app claims to provide Treo 650 style SMS threading. I haven't tried it out yet. fyi

Edit: So I tried the SMS threading app and it works, but is slow and buggy. I've had it crash a few times and had to reboot once when it slowed down the opsys.

I also tried the Bluetooth Audio apps and like with other utils that claim to enable system sounds over your bt headset, this one didn't work for the 700w. You can see the headset icon turn on and off, but no system sounds get routed to the headset.
    Last edited by hannip; 07/16/2006 at 10:28 PM.
    Does this work for the 240x240 screen, or is their missing info due to it being configured for the 320 size screen?
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    everything fits perfectly
    I am thinking about trying this out, do you still like it? Any ill effects?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein
    Is this safe to do? I mean with the Treo running nicely, does adding the updated compact .net software "mess up" the treo?
    No. It runs seamlessly...at least for me. The only downside is that it's a very large file (7 or 8 mb if memory serves).
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip
    So far so good for me. I checked my program memory and it is still 12.75mb after soft reboot. As always, backup before making any changes.
    I wish I had 12.75 after soft reboot... I am closer to 5.
    5 after a soft reboot? Do you have VoiceCommand enabled? I know thats a hog.

BTW- even if it is enabled, you can go into the VC settings and disble certain aspects of it. Example: When I did use it, I had voice dialing enabled but shut off the calendar, device info, and programs and media options. The more options you have enabled the more RAM used constantly. Also, check your startup programs (My Device/Windows/Startup) and m ake sure you want & use all of them. They can be deleted if you wish to do so.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I am in love with this program. I can't believe I lived without it.
    alrighty, I am going to back up & then give this a try tomorrow.
    This is a great program but it loads so SLOOOOOOOOOOOOWLY. Is this the case for everyone?
    yes. I think this is the price you pay for using the .net cross platform runtime library.
    Hrmm, does this slow the treo down in general, or is it any app that uses .net? Or just this app?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast