Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cocokola
    I recall seeing a blurb about the 700w from sprint will require a 45/month for data? what's this about?
    No that is not true...if that was the case, we would be paying it for the 700P.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Thank god for forums...I had just recently came back to Sprint after trying the "other guys" for a couple of years...I really would have stuck it out with Verizon just for a Treo, but their data plan was entirely tooooo dang expensive!! So here I am stuck with this stooopid PPC 6700. I mean it's ok, but you guys know the drill...it's ok but not as good as a TREO 700w! It's entirely tooo big for a small womans hands and the keyboard is a joke for anyone that doesn't have flat fingers w/out nails! I got spoiled with my cool Verizon "V" phone...everything accessible with one hand. In fact even my email was a lot easier to get to on it! But that's all gone now (weeping). So on to better things, I can hardly wait for the new Treo to come out.

BTW, I went by the Sprint store yesterday and asked WTF on the new Treo, the guy helping me didn't even know about it...he found his paperwork that indicated September 3rd though. Let's hope Sprint doesn't screw this up...
    ~~ Aloma ~~
    I am hoping Cingular gets one soon.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    what do you guts think about free teathering? i know it may be to early to tell but someone might know. the ppc-6700 phone, the only other wm5.0 on sprint, got free teathering due to them not being able to tell with the NAI issue (link http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...ght=teathering )

since sprint wasn't able to getthe new 700wx to work with sprint tv and picture, like the ppc6700 it might be possible to say that teathering will be the same as well. i sure hope.

thanks for any input, cody
    where has it been published that the 700wx won't work with SprintTV? (just curious)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    who needs sprintTV if some people can use TV with the slingbox?
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    where has it been published that the 700wx won't work with SprintTV? (just curious)
    in the "future treo's" forum of treocentral a guy name treodoctor has one and gave a list of programs that the wx has that the w didn't. I asked for the list and was asking about sprint tv. I know this is not offical but I feel as if it won't. I remember asking about why the ppc6700 couldn't have sprint tv and don't remember exactly why but I do remember it had something to due with windows mobile. I think the media player. I am still hopeing for sprint tv, teather text messaging, picture mail. all we really can do is wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    who needs sprintTV if some people can use TV with the slingbox?
    I know a lot of you guys use slingbox (like $200 ) and orb. but some of us want to change the chanel. some of us don't want to leave our computers on 24/7.

I paid $10 for power vision plus pack which gave me like 5 chanels. I upgraded to the ultimate pack for another $2.50 and have like 20-25 channels. I get it for half price cause its a shared line.

bottom line.... $2.50 a month for sprint tv ultimate pack is worth it.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Slingbox doesn't require your PC to be on!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    This Sprint 700WX better be available for purchase by September 3. The last day for my 700P's 30 return period is tomorrow (the 19th). I'm going to call to get an RMA number and refund for this 700P.

I will be Treo-less for 2-3 weeks.
    Not only don't you need to have your TV on to use Slingbox, you can change the channels from your handheld and anything else your remote does including turning off your cable box.
    Quote Originally Posted by murph04
    I work for a Palm store (not a Sprint, Cingular, T-Mobile, or Verizon store). We sell all the handhelds and we actually have the Treo 700wx IN STOCK but we are not allowed to sell them yet. We have not received an official release date but I assume it will be soon (We can normally sell our phones to the public the day Sprint releases them to their business customers). Just wanted to let you guys know its not a rumor at all and we're just waiting for the go ahead from Palm.

A manager from Palm was in our store the other day and he said that Cingular's 700 will be released sometime between now and the end of the year. He also said there is no plans to release an unlocked version at this time.

PM me with any questions or if you would like to be put on the call list to order one the day we get the OK to sell them.
    So does the 700WX really have twice the memory of the Verizon 700W?
    can you actually snap some pics, even if its in a box
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    anyone else notice what appears to be a picture speed dial on the today screen? from what I remember that does not exist on the Verizon model.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by murph04
    After going to Start and Programs heres the list of whats on it:

Microsoft Windows Mobile version 5.0
    OS 5.1.195 (Build 14929.2.2.1)
    1996 - 2005 Microsoft Corporation

This computer program is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
    Processor: PXA272-312MHz
    Memory: 57.48 MB
    Expansion slot: Not in use

Any more questions, just PM me and I'll do what I can to answer them.
    How about going to Settings/Memory and giving a breakdown of the Storage/Program numbers.. in particular the Total and In use.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasDave555
    How about going to Settings/Memory and giving a breakdown of the Storage/Program numbers.. in particular the Total and In use.
    Yes, I'd like to see this too. If I remember correctly, the memory info. is broken down into two columns right? One side showing storage space and the other side showing execution space for programs?
    Any rumors about VZW carring the wx?
    Aye man, thanks alot. Now i know its really coming in a week or two. When most ppl just talk out their *** with things they cant backup, you came thru as your promised you would today with the pics.

Any idea on the price for ppl needing to buy it for full price? Cant wait to dump my 6700. Nice phone, but annoying to use for simple things, impossible to use 1 handed unless your Shaq, and the keyboard slide out thing is flimsy now.
    damn thats just way to much money. Good luck though.
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202
    damn thats just way to much money. Good luck though.
    Cosign. Thats alot of damn money, but doesnt seem like those of use how arent eligible for an upgrade have much choice unless retentions hooks you up with some type of discount.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast