Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    So it seems that it really only has more memory to use. They better make this available for the Treo 700w too.
    looks like it is still blue tooth 1.2

differences I saw were memory and aku 2 pre installed.

it may be silly but I wounder if it will have the sprint tv unlike the other wm 5.0 ppc6700 that couldn't. I pay an extra $2.50 a month for tv an think it worth that.

man I can't wait. I feel like a retarded kid in a candy store.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I recall seeing a blurb about the 700w from sprint will require a 45/month for data? what's this about?
    Dont underestimate the importance of AKU 2.5. They have fixed many of the niggling problems and bugs which has been bothering people.
    Look here for example. Its now possible to navigate to sub-folders of your mailbox one-handed.
    http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...91&post1067091

Surur
    I was all ready to leave Sprint, which has quesionable reception in Indiana, and sign up for Verizon to get the 700w. Rats, I really don't want to stay with Sprint, but it is sounding tempting . . .
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Dont underestimate the importance of AKU 2.5. They have fixed many of the niggling problems and bugs which has been bothering people.
    Look here for example. Its now possible to navigate to sub-folders of your mailbox one-handed.
    http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...91&post1067091

Surur
    So do you have the update? The 2.3 already?
    No. Thats from the HP 6915 (which I do have), which has AKU 2.3. AKU 2.5 will only be better, and AKU 3 is already doing the rounds in the ROM hacking community over at XDA-developers.com

With the HP, which has a clear plastic flip lid for the screen, you can literally close the lid and never open it, except for non-compliant 3rd party software. Its also snappy and responsive. WM5 is improving very fast.

Surur
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I wish we would get the update soon.
    Sorry for the dumb question, but what is AKU?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNov
    Sorry for the dumb question, but what is AKU?
    Noun 1.Aku - a Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptation_Kit_Update

Service Pack for Windows Mobile.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc
    man I can't wait. I feel like a retarded kid in a candy store.
    ROTFL
    Ok - Off topic...kinda. Any word on Alltel dropping the 700w/700wx?? Contract up this month and would just love a shiny new treo...
    So we're assuming b/c of the "w" that it will have Windows, of course, but now, here's the next big question--what about the wi-fi?

And are they just teasing us with the date again? Remember how long the 700p hype went on before the phone actually came out? And what a disappointment it was when it finally did.
    Well, this was the news I've been waitin' for... Love my 6700 but gotta have an exposed keyboard.

Todd/Indy
  16. nsm
    not sure if its already posted...but the Sprint Treo 700wx will have 128MB of memory and a 240 x 240 screen.
    Saw the 700wx specs referenced in another thread:

http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=585

Shows a release date of "August".
    what the hell, all these improvments and it will only take .midi?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Well the data sheet on the 700w says the same thing and we know that uses more than midi..
    so i actually think i want a w (or the moto q when it comes out in q4) more than the p i have had based on all i have read so far..... anyone want to trade a Sprint w (or sprint moto q) for a p once released??
    Last edited by iSyncT608; 08/17/2006 at 11:16 PM.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast