Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Man Engadget mobile is very quick!!!

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...n-september-3/
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    The 700wx also shows up under the Sprint Buyback program.... if you go to this link: https://secure.sprintbuyback.com/rb...vailability.php

Click on "Palm" NOT "PalmOne" under "previously sold sprint models" a drop down below will show both the 700p and 700wx....
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    OK, so what are the 'other' tweaks or features!? Don't hold out!!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    There isnt a whoel heck of a lot of differences between the 700w and 700wx. different shortcuts, sprint apps, GOODlink app. DUN du DUN DUN
    No upgrade for the 700w. It is a HW difference, and bound to be a bone of contention with VZW and Palm. Sprint was smart enough to let VZW be its BETA-***** and now is swooping in after it has had the main bugs worked out.
    hmmm whats this? I just came across this in my searching of the google and find what look like the windows for treo picture, sorry site not allow linking so i attach.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo4evr
    hmmm whats this? I just came across this in my searching of the google and find what look like the windows for treo picture, sorry site not allow linking so i attach.
    I think that's beautiful
    Kash76

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eriq35
    No upgrade for the 700w. It is a HW difference, and bound to be a bone of contention with VZW and Palm. Sprint was smart enough to let VZW be its BETA-***** and now is swooping in after it has had the main bugs worked out.
    Enough of us had to suffer for months with the Sprint 650 having MANY problems including being a horrible phone at the time. We all pay our dues in leading the edge.
    Kash76

Opps sorry bout the b word everyone. that kinda slipped out in my 32MB rage while admiring my Sprint 700p and 700wx. I have the whoel progession sitting here before me. Sitting here in front of me all in a pretty row are
    Treo600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700w - Treo 700wx - Treo 700P. It is a very pretty sight. Geez, soon Ill have another 650 and I wont knwo what to do with them.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    You suck! I only wish that ADP2 was included. Can calls ring through when data is being used?
    Kash76

Quote Originally Posted by eriq35
    Opps sorry bout the b word everyone. that kinda slipped out in my 32MB rage while admiring my Sprint 700p and 700wx. I have the whoel progession sitting here before me. Sitting here in front of me all in a pretty row are.
    If you go to start>settings>System> and click on Device Information, what is the ROM version and ROM date.

Also in Start>Settings>System> About panel, what is the OS build date. This will tell us what AKU is installed (2, 2.3, 3 etc)

Can you take screen shots of these and the memory panel?

Here's some freeware that will do the trick.
    http://www.freewareppc.com/graphics/...nutility.shtml

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 08/12/2006 at 02:58 PM.
    The sounds of a 700wx with double the memory is terrific. It just means that more SW will be produced to run on the 700w.

Wonder when VZW will catch up. How long after 650 was introduced on Sprint did VZW offer it?
    does anybody know if sprint will allow me to trade in my ppc 6700 for the new treo
    Quote Originally Posted by thecolonel5
    does anybody know if sprint will allow me to trade in my ppc 6700 for the new treo
    Best bet is to call and ask.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    They'll give you $50 trade in
    Kash76

Ok, if the 700WX is really supposed to be released on the 3rd of Sept.. Shouldn't we have more solid details and info. on it already from Palm or Sprint?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Ok, if the 700WX is really supposed to be released on the 3rd of Sept.. Shouldn't we have more solid details and info. on it already from Palm or Sprint?
    No. Because the exclusive agreement between Verizon and Palm has not expired. Any publicity would be infringement on that agreement. Sprint will not waist time with a big publicity campaign. They will rely on small leaks like the “connection software” leak and the “sprint buy back program” leak to get the buzz going. (which has already started)
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    People thought there was a 3 or 6 month exclusive. It is 9??
    Kash76

Yeah, Verizon's 6 month exclusivity ended awhile ago...
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Found this spec sheet on the web for the 700wx. The picture is of a verizon Treo, but it does refrence the 64MB of memory.

http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=585

If you compare the 700wx spec sheet and the 700w spec sheet there are some small difference......

http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer
    My Phone history.....
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast