Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Wow, if the Sprint 700W has twice as much memory as the Verizon 700W, I'm returning my 700P to Palm tomorrow.
    This might change some things for folks...I cant wait to see it for myself at the sprint store.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I'll be pissed if the Sprint 700wx has more memory and the 700w's can't upgrade the memory.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Not only can't you get more memory on your device but you have to pay $45 for data!! Verizon is sweet!!

Just kidding man. I would not be happy either.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    I'll be pissed if the Sprint 700wx has more memory and the 700w's can't upgrade the memory.
    If it does....there would be no way to upgrade your memory without sending in your 700w phone for surgery . The fact that the device has been dubbed "700wx" and not "700w" means that it will surely be different than the verizon version. My bet is that it will be the memory.
    Last edited by Fittske; 08/10/2006 at 10:12 AM.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Yeah VZW is just the cream of the crop when it comes to Customer service. kickin myself on that choice. Thanks for the additional kick in the sack. lol
    Lets see if there are any other differences

I am ready to put my unlocked, decertified Motorola i930 on eBay so I can make my move to Sprint and the 700wx
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    eriq35, any more details that you can share??
    Kash76

I can now verify that the 700wx will indeed come to Sprint.

Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal
    I can now verify that the 700wx will indeed come to Sprint.

Great Find!!!!!!

Now bring on some phone pictures!!!!!!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Is this the software that you'd use for your phone as a modem??
    Kash76

Hmmm... I have until the 19th to return my 700P to Palm (under the 30 day guarantee). I really want the 700wx if it does have twice the memory of the 700w. What should I do...

Anyone else in the same boat as me?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I would think that if the 3rd is a true date that you would know by then.
    Kash76

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have until the 23rd or so to return my 700p. I guess I would just go phoneless in the mean time? Or buy another cheapo phone to hold me over then return that one too? Any advice?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    go in and tell them of the situation. Either way they end up with a used 700p. Maybe they'll bend.
    Kash76

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    yeah, maybe. I wonder if I'll have more luck with retention or at a store...
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    store manager. Just say if they don't bend it's cancel time!
    Kash76

I don't think the store manager cares less if anyone cancels.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    *AHEM*
    I can't believe it. I sold my 650 in April to get a used 6700 off ebay, wishing for a Sprint 700-- And now I just may get one with 2 times the memory?

Yes.

--Im really wondering when the Palm OS ALP treos will come out though-- maybe late 2007ish... By then they should be WiMax compatible, have Q-chat, 3MP cameras with full videochat, etc...

But this will hold me for now. BTW It's good to come back home to a Treo... I must be the opposite of everyone I meet, but I like the Treo keyboard better than the 6700's due to the backlight that actually works, and Palms inclusion of a dot to tell if you've shifted or alt-ed... Geez, it really is the simple stuff....
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starrwulfe
    *AHEM*
    I can't believe it. I sold my 650 in April to get a used 6700 off ebay, wishing for a Sprint 700-- And now I just may get one with 2 times the memory?

Yes.

--Im really wondering when the Palm OS ALP treos will come out though-- maybe late 2007ish... By then they should be WiMax compatible, have Q-chat, 3MP cameras with full videochat, etc...

But this will hold me for now. BTW It's good to come back home to a Treo... I must be the opposite of everyone I meet, but I like the Treo keyboard better than the 6700's due to the backlight that actually works, and Palms inclusion of a dot to tell if you've shifted or alt-ed... Geez, it really is the simple stuff....
    I agree. I came from a Treo 650 to a PPC 6700. I loved my 650 too! At first I had bashed Palm for making a treo with windows. Before the 6700 I had never tried WM5. I tried out the 6700 and loved the WM5 OS. Now I miss the form factor of the treo. I didn't want to switch to Verizon to get it......so I am glad that the WM5 treo will soon be a reality on sprint.
    My Phone history.....