Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    This is now public knowledge just released by Palm today. Sept 3rd. No SMS threading capability, there are a few differences between the VZW 700w and the SPCS 700wx. mainly twice the Memory. More to come as I find out what I can legally say about it.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Where is the PRPRPR $for$ $this$?
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eriq35
    This is now public knowledge just released by Palm today. Sept 3rd. No SMS threading capability, there are a few differences between the VZW 700w and the SPCS 700wx. mainly twice the Memory. More to come as I find out what I can legally say about it.
    Man! I have been hoping for this!!!! I can't wait for the V users to rant about how they got screwed
    Kash76

Are you serious? That device is going to be mine the first minute it is available.

What could the other differences be?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts

Hey eriq35 send the info to me! I will put it out there......I have no confidentiality agreement with palm......
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal
    Are you serious? That device is going to be mine the first minute it is available.

What could the other differences be?

No kidding, throw some gas on this fire. I can't wait! I have wanted windows in my Treo for years!
    Kash76

I'm sure Palm is leaking like mad on purpose, to boost their flagging stock price.

Surur
    OK get this.
    Palm has outsold RIM for 2Qtrs in a row. - Good News.
    I have a Mutual Confidentiality Agreement with Palm and an NDA for the 700wx Pre-release device.
    My Palm rep stated today that the Sept. 3rd release on SPCS is not public knowledge. I'll have me device tomorrow. I have a VZW 700w myself and yes I got screwed. lol. I was testing some things today and addressing many of the complaints with him that are posted here, and he tested SMS and no threading. He is taking that direct to the Developers to have it looked into. (He uses a 700p and likes that feature) and he was suprised it wasnt threaded. He said there are a few differences, one being that there is twice the memory. I will give as much detail tomorrow as I can and will verify what I can release because I dont want to ruin my relationship with them as we are entering into a Corporate agreement with them, Ill keep you posted with as much as I can.
    I menat it is NOW public knowledge, not "not" It IS public as of about an hour ago. Ill look for an official notation of it.
    wow, looks like I'm going to be a sprint customer soon! Can't wait to get more details. hmm, maybe should call verizon and ask them if they plan to counter.
    It was not a leak it was me asking him about it and he said that it is now considered public and can be released. Also heard some stuff about a little Penguin.
    Keep us updated, eriq35
    Palm Linux? Tell us more, tell us more...

Surur
    Yeah I want to find out if I can update my memory since they obviously listened to the users and increased the memory. Ill find out tomorrow if Ill be able to get an upgrade to my current 700w since the first version they released wasnt quite up tp par. That would make me the happiest person on earth. Ill be testing the 700p, 700wx and the 700w on a GoodLink server Im setting up, and they Im going to deploy these as an option for PDA program and try and keep Blackberries out of their hands.
    I am very impressed with Palm's addressing the mem issue. They do actually listen to us. Open source is also one of their strong points. And it will continue to be in the future with new versions of the Pal OS. :-) Sounds CORNY if you will but the new versions of PALM OS will certainly foster developement which is a big reason for their success.
    I suppose the 700wx will not support EVDO Rev. A that is going to be deployed in Q4, correct?
    I believe this to be accurate

so 3 more weeks huh?
    SO is Bluetooth 1.2 (or the one that supports multiple BT devices at once a good thing?
    Is it 1.2 or 2.1?
    Yep. I might be dumping VZW too -- or just reducing my plan to almost nothing until the contract is up.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast