Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    ...GSM guy walks away, muttering. How long, Oh, Lord?
    Dont call the Sprint Store.. that is like calling McDonalds and asking when the Monopoly game will start again (or if it will be rigged again this time )

The higher ups know... the stores guess becvause they are busy dealing with people at the store that are buying and are just not informed.. Especially at what they call nextel LEGACY stores.. those that were Nextel

So does anyone have a solid date for the 700w arrival??
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    It's not. If it's not the date mentioned it should be very close.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    I also have faith in that date above. I cant wait for that 700w on the sprint network. I have used the 700w on VZW network and it was very fast. On the other hand I have used the 700p and the evdo was super slow. Hopefully people that want faster evdo will buy the 700w.
    I called sprint
    they have nothing on the 700w as a release date as of yet !!!!!
    ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS DATE ?
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    Man just guess if ppc techs get that memory upgrade working, I bet the palm os geeks will come running for the 700w.
    I've said time and again that I would consider a W if it had 64MB RAM.

Here's a sad bit though, this article (I WANT OUTRAGE) notes that iSuppli estimates that the memory configuration of the Q (similar to that of the 700w, except that the RAM is halved on the W) costs the manufacturer 22 dollars. Both having the same amount of flash memory 128MB, the price difference btwn 32MB & 64MB is likely close to 10 dollars. Unbelievable... PPCTechs, if they ever get off their butts on this, will likely charge over 100 dollars for this warranty-voiding upgrade.

OT: cccablecompany: I know you're gone, but in case you're still hovering, and haven't gotten a WM device, try Bike or Die. It's only available in PalmOS and it's the what I'll probably miss most if I switch away from it. Here's the direct link.
    august or september. thats what sprint told me.
    I would get the W in a minute with 64mb of memory and a 320x320 res screen, but we all know the truth to that scenario.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    As for resolution, standard WM was 240x320 so it made sense for all existing apps to adapt to 240x240. It sucks but that's where we sit for now.
    Kash76

Quote Originally Posted by d-wells
    I called sprint yesterday and they told me they have no information on the 700w whatsoever. The local sprint stores here, Raleigh-Durham, basically said the same thing, they had no idea when or if they were going to receive it. In my opinion, this fiasco is a bunch of bull.
    I don't know who you called but retention just told me august 31 to sept 8. there is already a memo.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I would get one, but I could never go backwards on screen resolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero
    I don't know who you called but retention just told me august 31 to sept 8. there is already a memo.
    I talked to rention yesterday... long story... were going to swap my 650 for a 700p but the agent mentioned the 700w was coming in September. She was a little hedgy on date... indicated end September at one point... but then kind of back peddled and just said September. So, now I have to decide if I want to swap the 650 for 700p or 700w.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craigkendall
    I talked to rention yesterday... long story... were going to swap my 650 for a 700p but the agent mentioned the 700w was coming in September. She was a little hedgy on date... indicated end September at one point... but then kind of back peddled and just said September. So, now I have to decide if I want to swap the 650 for 700p or 700w.

I have been using the 700p with Sprint for the last 2 months and Im quite happy with it, but decided to try the 700w this week. I am on Verizons 14 day trial period. Coming from the ppc 6700 which I enjoy using WM5 but was lacking the one handed ease of the Treo, I am pretty happy with the 700w.

Good thing Sprint is coming out with it soon as I would consider keeping the W. Verizon service is just a bit too expensive even though I get a 20% corporate discount.
    hurry up sprint.
    I was told "September" (no qualifier as to early, mid, or late) by our Sprint rep this week.
    .salvatore
    general nonsense - http://www.palmisanonet.com/
    psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
    I gave up waiting for Sprint, ordered 6700!!!!
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I will wait ~5 weeks. I've tried the 6700.
    Kash76

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Actually, I'll wait as long as it takes. I'm done with POS and don't like the 6700.
    Kash76

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I'm having good results with my 700w from Verizon, I may not wait for Sprint and make the switch. I realized that I am getting better reception with Verizon where I live now. Also with a 20% business discount, Verizon service ends up being less expensive for me than Sprint. I know, that was hard for me to believe as well. ;-)
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    It is hard to believe! $45 for data - 20% vs $15 for data. You must have a hell of a voice plan.
    Kash76

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast