Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    well i can upgrade, so i think thats what i will do.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Man! I can't wait!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by murph04
    If you PM me with your phone number/email address I can contact you the first day we are allowed to sell them. Since we are not affiliated with any cellular provider, we ONLY sell them without contracts (full price $649).

I appreciate you showing the goods and letting us know all the details, but I think many will end up waiting for Sprint to get them in since they will have discounts etc available for contracts and such.

I know I am chomping at the bit here... and I just got my Verizon POS about 5 weeks back.
    With rumors abound... Thanks for some concrete pictures. Very cool of you.

Do you have any idea if Alltel will be getting this?? I sure hope soon. Their price on the 650 just dropped, so I think that may be a good sign.

Contract is up in 2 weeks and would love one of these.

Thanks for any info you may have!!!
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Is it just me or did everyone else stop getting notified (email) about this thread?
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    The reason I'm posting all these details is because I'm a sales person and any phone orders will help me out as well as you.
    And there is nothing wrong with that... I know I appreciate the inside info and advanced look and I am sure there will be some folks who will want to be the first dog at the bowl.

Its a little discouraging though when I looked at the trade in for the 700W its only $140 Every little bit helps, though I will probably list mine on Ebay to get a better price when the time comes.

Keep up the good work and I hope you get plenty of bites.... no good deed should go unrewarded.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I'm trading "up" from my trusty 650 to the 700wx shortly after Sprint starts carrying it. I may wait a few weeks to see what the early adopters have to say about the device, but my heart says to be first in line and pick up the shiny new bauble.

First question is when I abandon my 650, I'll also need to replace a number of applications such as PDANet, SplashID and TomTom 5. If I use the same hot sync name can I simply reinstall the WM version of the app with my current key, or do I have to buy anew?

Second question. Is there an after market for the other apps I have, such as Butler, Pocket tunes etc, or are those as dead as my Treo 300?

I don't want to scam anyone I just want to try and recoup my investment in the 650 and the apps I have to go along with it.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    How about an actualy pic of the device running showing those memory specs. Im ditching verizon and coming back to sprint if its true. I loved my verizon 700w except for memory issues, and yea the screen aint so hot either.
    Murph04, I will purchase it when i come back to sprint , i have 1 line still there thats not upgradable. But
    Total: 57.45 MB
    In use: 9.77 MB
    Free: 47.68 MB
    \
    Dont seem right as most wm devices use about 17-18mb on a soft reset. Like my 6700 which also has all junkware removed. So please try and get them up. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    anyone else notice what appears to be a picture speed dial on the today screen? from what I remember that does not exist on the Verizon model.
    Yes it does - and it's been "ported" over to the i730 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by audiofx81
    Murph04, I will purchase it when i come back to sprint , i have 1 line still there thats not upgradable. But
    \
    Dont seem right as most wm devices use about 17-18mb on a soft reset. Like my 6700 which also has all junkware removed. So please try and get them up. Thanks
    My 700W starts with 27 or so.. then ends up with 14-15... so if they have stripped it down some that sounds about right.
    Tomorrow if my friend is at work with his high def. camera Ill hook you up with a bunch of specs but I hope by doin that, all the people readin this will atleast consider purchasing the device from me who aren't up for any Sprint upgrade discounts.
    Thanks for the investigative work!

Let us know if you find a "Picture Mail", or "MMS" icon or menu item. I'd still like to know how this thing sends pictures.
    Pics of the home screen; some splash pics.
    Close-ups of the connectors and buttons. Of the pop-port.
    In comparison to a ubiquitous PDA and an ubiquitious cell phone.

Play a movie on the screen, and take a shot of that...
    just some of what I, personally, would want to see.
    Unlocked 750v: Voice / Data
    Blackberry 7130c: Private Line
    Motorola v60g T-Mo: Business Voice
    Also HTC TyTN factory; Palm LifeDrive & TX
    7 year Cingular/PacBell veteran.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Yes it does - and it's been "ported" over to the i730 as well.
    How do you pull it up on the 700w?

Never mind I found it.
    Quote Originally Posted by audiofx81
    \
    I have 27-28mb on my 6700 after a soft-reset and keep it above 20mb easily with a couple of apps running (VGSMail, outlook). You must have a lot more running than you think...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta
    I have 27-28mb on my 6700 after a soft-reset and keep it above 20mb easily with a couple of apps running (VGSMail, outlook). You must have a lot more running than you think...

I meant 17-18mb in use im sorry
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Word is the unit will be $650 full price.. I'm imagine there will be instant savings for new subscribers like they do for every other phone.. Anybody here anything else about pricing?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    ooo i have been wiating for the wm5 to come out!

one thing that bothers me...is that the 240x240 resolution. i know that the 700p has better resolution, but is it noticeable?

i should visit a verizon store to see it closely
    Multi tasking & the other benefits of WM > 320x320 for me by a long shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Multi tasking & the other benefits of WM > 320x320 for me by a long shot.
    100% agree. I have been on both sides many many times (yes i have a serious problem switching devices every 2 months)
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast