Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    It's been an interesting week...

Monday, my Verizon rep brought me a Q.. it was not my thing, battery life was REALLY bad and quite honestly, the form factor wasn't the best.

My Verizon rep then brought a 700P and I've been using it for a few days. I like the form factor but I'm wondering if I'm missing anything with the 700W?

One HUGE negative on the 700P is that GoodLink seems to have some serious issues. I'm not seeing that here and I intend to use that app. now, a coupld of questions:

The Q, as many "smartphones" is built around the built in apps. This is a problem with GoodLink because the built in contacts DB is not used. I'm "OK" with that issue on the 700P because I have the 50 Favorites that are synced with my vehicle's BlueTooth. I'd prefer to never "tether" to the desktop.

Does the 700W have something like the 700P's "50 favorites"?
    Is there anything else I should be concerned with?
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Well... after more searching, it looks like GoodLink isn't so good on the 700W either...
    I'd go over to PC magazine, Laptop Magazine, Business Week and read the reviews on both the 700p and 700w.....they pretty much go into detail on business usage of the device.....for a list of 700p reviews:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=114560

Most of those sites have also done 700w reviews
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 07/17/2006 at 10:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch
    It's been an interesting week...

Monday, my Verizon rep brought me a Q.. it was not my thing, battery life was REALLY bad and quite honestly, the form factor wasn't the best.
    wow...the form factor was really that bad (for you)?
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    wow...the form factor was really that bad (for you)?
    While it is thin, it's actually a bit too thin and uncomfortable to hold. Thinnest/lightest is not always the best. The Treo could lose a few ounces but not much more.
    The Q, as many "smartphones" is built around the built in apps. This is a problem with GoodLink because the built in contacts DB is not used.
    The folks posting over at QUsers seemed to have a lot of good things to say about running Goodlink on the Q.
    While it is thin, it's actually a bit too thin and uncomfortable to hold. Thinnest/lightest is not always the best. The Treo could lose a few ounces but not much more.
    I have Piano fingers so I liked the Q form factor a little...it seems a little to wide to compensate the slimness. If you have Paul Bunyans...than the Q could be a problem IMO...then again, to each is own.
    at&t iPhone3G
    dude stay away from the 700p which i have. Slow Evdo with blazer i am talking about 200k and under. Unstable device because of ramdom resets. You are going to have to buy as least 10 apps to get to p up to date against the w. No option to black off the screen after so many seconds.It lacks alot of things like no mp3 supported ringtones,media player can not play suppport files,ptunes jumpy also the icons on the background off the phone blinks at random.Versal email crashes all the time forcing you to soft reset,unstable javascript, page can not be loaded errors.On my 700w i would always go to ebgames.com but on th 700p it would load up half the page and stop with a page can not be loaded earror. Please to save you the trouble do not buy the 700p.The only area its beating the 700w is in th 320x320 display which is not that really important!!Really to many to name.I had the 700w when it first came out and i have to tell you that thing is super stable.Even before the update which took alot of multi tasking away. If verizon lower there data plan I would run back to them. But for now i have sero and i will have to stick it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    The folks posting over at QUsers seemed to have a lot of good things to say about running Goodlink on the Q.
    i don't post there but i can tell you with 100% certainty that goodlink works absolutely perfectly on the Q. i receive hundreds if not into the thousands of transmissions per day without a problem. no memory issues to report.

still trying to understand how it's difficult to hold the Q, or how thin/light isn't all that great.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Dang ebgames loads slow! Well I'll be your mom's underwear I'd better not get it!
    many sites cant not even be loaded on that thing. Even if you go to the 700p room they have very few people that will come out a say so because they know they will get flamed badly. All they say is that this is a early device and needs a update crap. The 700w pulled up every site with speed and no problems. They are starting to complain in the 700p about myspace because they cant reply to messages because of the chessy java script. I have the 700p and i am calling it trash.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Of course it's trash! You can't load ebgames on it!

Heck my 8125 was trash because I coudln't get Al Franken's website to load on it!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    While it is thin, it's actually a bit too thin and uncomfortable to hold. Thinnest/lightest is not always the best.
    I totally agree with you and this is the main reason I chose the 700W over the Q. No regrets as of yet.

The Treo could lose a few ounces but not much more.

really? It's not even noticeable to me. It feels good in the hand, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam
    I totally agree with you and this is the main reason I chose the 700W over the Q. No regrets as of yet.

really? It's not even noticeable to me. It feels good in the hand, etc.

i'll take thin, light, unnoticeable in pocket versus frozen screens, resets, and bulk.

hey, but that's just me.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    i'll take thin, light, unnoticeable in pocket versus frozen screens, resets, and bulk.

hey, but that's just me.
    No frozen screens on mine as of yet. Granted it's only been 1 week. Bulk? What bulk? If you want bulk just add the extended battery to the Q. How about full PDA functionality? Everyone has their needs and preferences. You have yours and I have mine. The 700W does everything I need it to do. The Q would not. Good luck with your Q.