1.    #1  
    I search through the forum today and could not find a posting on how to disable the keyboard light on the 700w. I just got mine yesterday and it replaced my Treo 650. Although I know it is not fair to compare the two phones because of they are running different OS'es, I would still like to see a tool, or registry hack that would allow me to control when I want the keyboard light to turn on and off.

If such a thing already exists, please point me in that direction.

Thanks,

homer
    I agree, there needs to be a tool to control the keylight. If there is one I haven't found it.

What I'd like to see is a general display and keyboard lock utility that turns off the screen and keyboard lighting and locks the touchscreen and hardware keys (except the action button which you could use to unlock it). I don't want the pda to go into suspend mode like the option-end lock does. I know some apps such as PocketMusic allow you to almost do what I want, but the dang keyboard light stays on.
  3.    #3  
    Any one out there have any ideas?

- Homer
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I have the 700wx and I too would like to be able to disable the keyboard light. I have noticed the following behavior in TCPMP (media player):

There is an option in the settings for TCPMP for a backlight keep alive. If this option is not checkmarked the video light and the keyboard light stay on initially. Eventually the keyboard light will turn off and later the backlight will turn off as per your power management settings.

If the option is checkmarked the video light and the keyboard light stay on.

If the option is checkmarked AND you have the device plugged into power the keyboard light will eventually turn off and the backlight will stay on. If you don't have it plugged into power the lights seem to stay on the whole time!

What this means: this media player doesn't control the keyboard light seperately, but at some level (even hardware level if need be) there is a way to control the keyboard light seperate from the backlight. Sounds like we need to bug some developers. Dunno where to start though.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    If anyone else comes up with a solution please let me know: tcn (put an at symbol in here) usa (period goes here) com
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I just updated to 0.71RC1 and the keyboard light turns off immediately. Since TCPMG is an open source application the clues to how to turn off the backlight are in the source code. I may just have to figure out how to compile a program for mobile windows and make my own little $5 application *Grin*