Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I've had my 700W for about 4 days now and I love it! No issues but a few things I would like to do but have no idea how to do it - inexpensively.

1) Display current time on Today Screen

2) map side hard button to turn speakerphone on BEFORE I dial a #.

3) Somehow I think I removed MESSAGING and MENU from 2 hard buttons on the front of the 700W while viewing the Today Screen. How can I get them back please? thanks.

TIA

Last edited by robdam; 07/14/2006 at 06:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam
    1) Display current time on Today Screen
    You want more than the current time that always shows at the top right side of the screen? Has that disappeared?

Quote Originally Posted by robdam
    3) Somehow I think I removed MESSAGING and MENU from 2 hard buttons on the front of the 700W while viewing the Today Screen. How can I get them back please? thanks.
    I've never heard of that happening on its one. We've seen it after installing a 3rd party app or updating the registry.

Have you tried a soft reset?

If that doesn't do it, you might have to do a hard reset. Back up everything using Sprite first.
    Maybe you have been playing with 3rd party apps from the "What does your 700w Today Screen look like?" thread. There was an app that reduces the command bar app to make the today screen full screen. By chance did you install that?

I answered your speakerphone question in the other thread you posted to btw.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thanks. Yes, I did install another 3rd party app and I guess that waxed my today screen.

I do have what appears to be an analog clock in the top left hand corner of my screen but it's not a real clock. weird. Then to the right of the analog clock is the day and date. I have installed SBP weather, resco explorer, resco registry, sktools, xcpuscalar, pocket informant and sbp pocket plus.
    The app I was talking about is called VJTodayToggle. Use resco registry editor to see if you have the following entry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Vijay555\VJTodayToggle]

If that exists change the values for the following keys to 26.
    SoftKeySize
    StartSize

Then perform a reboot.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

Youre awesome. Thanks for your time and help. Worked like a charm.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    what's even more strange is that now after following your instructions, (on the today screen), my clock is back as well as EV indictor and battery indicator, signal strength. !!!!!
    They were hidden before since the VJTodayToggle shrunk the top and bottom bar. You restored them and now you can see them again.
    This brings up a good point. It appears that you've done a lot of tweaking in 4 days of owning your 700w!

There are a lot 3rd party apps and registry change suggestions on this forum. One change can cause another unexpected change to occur. Unless you are very careful, you may end up with a Treo 700w that doesn't function as you'd like. I can't tell you how many times uninstalling an app or backing out a registry change has not completely solved a problem. You may have to do a hard reset and reinstall all of your apps over again and that is the last thing I'd want to do.

You might want to backup your system prior to making a registry change or installing a 3rd party app. Also, make one (or few) changes at a time. This will enable you to return to a preferred state if you don't like the results of tweaking.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm taking a deep breath and holding off on any other additions/changes. It's working as I want it now. I've now seen 1st hand that the instructions/documentation is very weak or even non-existent for mnay of the 700W's app's.