1.    #1  
    This has happened to me twice in the last two days now, and i never had it happen before....

When I'm on a call and a second call comes in, and i don't answer it....then, the screen completely turns off and the audio on my current call is cut off....the second time this happened, my active call got sent to my voicemail!!!! WTF...not cool

anyone else seen this?

update: since i'm in a fringe coverage area (ie - 1 bar, and every now and then switching between evdo and 1x), i wonder if this is something to do with them implementing/testing the new CPOP feature talked about in this tread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=117617
    Last edited by kevinmg; 07/14/2006 at 04:27 PM.
  2.    #2  
    has anyone else experienced this? I just got a replacement phone, and it's doing the exact same thing....it's getting quite annoying, as now almost 100% of the times I get a call while I'm on the phone, i lose my connection
    I too experience this all the time. If I ignore the second call, then after it drops, and the power timer expires, the phone turns off. This is anoying. It's like the phone forgets it's on a call. I have to always put the first one on hold and answer the second one, if I don't want to loose the first.
  4.    #4  
    yeah, if i answer the first call it stays connected....although here's the catch 22....you either

1) ignore the call and lose the call you're currently on

or

2) answer the second one and get double billed since the Treo still doesn't hang up the second call even after they hang up

sweeeeeeeeeeet

I called tech support, but "The Nation's Most Reliable Network" dropped my call right on I94 on the border of WI and IL - not exactly the middle of nowhere. (*sighs*)
    OK, this has been happening to me too, and it's unbelievably annoying.

I can't seem to figure out under exactly what circumstances it happens, though. I've tried replicating it: i make a call with my 700w, and then, during the call, place a call to the 700w and ignore it. But the problem doesn't happen when I do this.

I don't remember what exactly I do when the problem does happen -- I'm not sure whether I ignore the incoming call in the sense of selecting 'ignore' on the phone or whether i ignore the call in the sense of doing nothing. Also, does the person have to leave a voicemail for it to cause the problem?

Any input would be much appreciated. If we can duplicate the problem then that's the first step toward getting a resolution.
    This sounds as if the phone program is corrupt.

A hard reset might be in order?
  7.    #7  
    a hard reset did cure it...we'll see for how long. i'll keep you all posted if/when it recurs.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem, too! Here's the sequence of events:

1. during a call, I receive a new incoming call

2. I do nothing and continue my conversation

3. Suddenly, I can no longer hear the other person, the other person can't hear me either

4. I look at the phone, the display is "off", I press the "menu" button to turn it back on, enter my password, say "hello" a few times, wait a few seconds, then the line is active again, allowing me to continue my conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Haqsau
    This sounds as if the phone program is corrupt.

A hard reset might be in order?
    I'm weary of doing the hard reset, because I've had a bad experience doing the hard reset on the first Treo 700w I got from a Verizon store. The hard reset seemed to make the 700w lag and run slower. I had to get the 700w replaced. Is there a system "restore" cd available for the 700w?
    Hard reset does not fix it.
    again if the enema (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=120401 ) doesn't work... its a defective phone...
    i do hope palm is taking note of every symptoms that they recieve for replacement so that it could be prevented...
    Quote Originally Posted by benn_monyo
    again if the enema (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=120401 ) doesn't work... its a defective phone...
    i do hope palm is taking note of every symptoms that they recieve for replacement so that it could be prevented...
    I'm not sure that the "enema" applies to the 700w. There is no "backup" folder, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

In any case, as I said, a hard reset does not fix the problem.
    I had the exact same problem and posted it in here a few weeks back. Nothing fixed it. Verizon sent me two new (refurbed) 700W's and they of course did it also. Verizon kept telling me that they have not had anyone else complain about this issue. Palm said the same thing... Now I see there are more and more posts from people dealing with this Annoying problem. I finally convinced Verizon to send me a 700P and my sanity has returned. I loved the 700W but this problem will drive you crazy.
    Is this only on the 700w and not the 700wx?
    Quote Originally Posted by houdini13 View Post
    Is this only on the 700w and not the 700wx?
    I have been using a 700wx since September and never experienced this until recently when the modem seemed to die on my device. I got a replacement and it is doing the same thing. There must be a fix because I never experienced this once in 5 months till now (and I am a heavy user), so something must be causeing it that can be corrected or reversed.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
    I have a 700wx and I just started noticing this about 2 weeks ago...

last time it happened (today) I was with a qwest tech support troubleshooting my modem when someone called me and I hit 'ignore'... after that I lost the call and had start all over again...

I guess that technically speaking I don't lose the call... I just can't hear anything on the other side...

Any ideas?