Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here's to my Treo 700w falling out of my Seido holster onto the freeway, and breaking into a million pieces. Also, here is to my T700 falling off my holster, a second time, four stories and still survivng. The past month I have experienced hell with my Seido Holster, which culminated in the retirement of this crap. The holster is not secure and puts your Treo in an overly prope position to fall off your belt. Save yourself the hastle and aggrivation and dont buy one.
    Quote Originally Posted by akramer84
    The holster is not secure and puts your Treo in an overly prope position to fall off your belt. Save yourself the hastle and aggrivation and dont buy one.
    I dropped my 6600 one time without a holster (it survived but I thought I was going to die because it was scratched.)

On my 650, I use a Krusell case. Nothing touches it. Ive always been leary of holsters...they just dont 'look' safe.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by akramer84
    Here's to my Treo 700w falling out of my Seido holster onto the freeway, and breaking into a million pieces. Also, here is to my T700 falling off my holster, a second time, four stories and still survivng. The past month I have experienced hell with my Seido Holster, which culminated in the retirement of this crap. The holster is not secure and puts your Treo in an overly prope position to fall off your belt. Save yourself the hastle and aggrivation and dont buy one.
    Which one? I had the first one and I agree it was practically an ejector seat for the phone. The second model, though does a great job at keeping the phone in and even covers the card so it doesn't go flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    Which one? I had the first one and I agree it was practically an ejector seat for the phone.
    That is a hilarious description.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    That's a great description, lol. I have the first Seido belt clip, and it's the same way. Anything touches the phone, and it goes flying. Total garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_hotty
    That's a great description, lol. I have the first Seido belt clip, and it's the same way. Anything touches the phone, and it goes flying. Total garbage.
    Our holsters have gone through several revisions since the "first" one several years ago. Most people find our newest ones to be extremely well designed. All products change in time based upon user input and innovation. If you aren't happy with a a Seidio purchase, you have 2 weeks from receiving it to send it back for a full refund without any restocking fee. All of our products - with the exception of those that use a retracatable device - are warranted for 6 months from the date of purchase. We can't help to resolve problems we don't know about.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Our holsters have gone through several revisions since the "first" one several years ago. ...
    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    ...well when I said first one, I bought it on this website in January. That's hardly a first generation if I understand you correctly. As I have always used holsters on all previous clamshell phones and never experienced ejections I found it hard to believe that any touch to the clip sent the phone flying to the ground...probably at least a dozen times. That, in my opinion, qualifies as junk. I bought the second generation shortly after it came out, in March if memory serves, and it does work reasonably well. It's not perfect though. It could use a beefier spring on the snap.
    ...and a spring lever that doesn't rest on the SD card, which in my opinion is just poor design
    Is this the Seidio holster you're referring to? Shield 2

I bought that one and I don't have a problem with it... I like it better than the Krussell case because I take the phone off and hook it up to my car stereo - the Krussell doesn't fit in the PDA mount and the clear front plastic blocks the keys (not to mention it is made for a 650 and wasn't redesigned for the 700). I have to have something that has the slimmest clip possible, and doesn't add a lot of size to the phone so it works fine - The clip over the SD card is strong (I can see it wearing out like any other spring) and keeps the phone secure.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    This is the holster I'm talking about:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-24--154.htm

Lightly brushing up against the phone in this holster will cause your phone to go crashing to the ground. I appreciate the fact that you've revised the design on your clips since I purchased this one. My problem is that if I'm going to be a beta tester, I want to know about it. My phone now has multiple scratches, dents, dings and gouges to remind me that this clip doesn't work well. My antenna looks like it's been chewed on.

While it's great that you have had many revisions to inhance your product, I'm still stuck with a scarred-up phone because I bought a first revision.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_hotty
    This is the holster I'm talking about:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-24--154.htm

Lightly brushing up against the phone in this holster will cause your phone to go crashing to the ground. I appreciate the fact that you've revised the design on your clips since I purchased this one. My problem is that if I'm going to be a beta tester, I want to know about it. My phone now has multiple scratches, dents, dings and gouges to remind me that this clip doesn't work well. My antenna looks like it's been chewed on.

While it's great that you have had many revisions to inhance your product, I'm still stuck with a scarred-up phone because I bought a first revision.
    Well put. Fortunately...or not, I'm now on a refurbed phone and my scratched up original is Verizon's problem.
    I always wondered why people were so uptight about refurbs... If it works and looks better than your "new" device, who cares if someone else screwed it up? It's fixed now obviously.

Back on topic, I would have been just as PO'ed if my holster did what 2_hotty described.
    I have to agree with all of the above. I have the first gen Seidio with the little finger clip over the stylus. It is a nightmare. My treo has its own battle scars. Us first gen Seidio users should get credit from Palm for being impact testers. It really goes to show how well built the Treo 700w is. My has hit concrete at least 5 times and it still works.

I am now in the habit of putting the phone in my pocket while still in the holster when doing anything other than sitting at my desk or walking in the office. I really wish there was a sturdier holster. I used to have a blackberry and never fell out of that holster. Why can't we have a holster that wraps around the back of the treo and about a 1/3 to half of the way up similar to the blackberry? This would make it a ton hard for the device to go flying, while still being easy to get in and out.
    i used to use this holster as well... i found that the phone would only pop out when i carried the phone parallel to the ground... or actually in any other position then vertically (perpendicular to the ground).... while carrrying it vertically it has never popped out... but in any other position... it will pop out frequently...
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    i have this holster and i havn't had any problems with it. i did have it pop out once when i was pulling a bike out of my car and the frame hit the latch and it hit the concrete. i would like someone to point me in the direction of a better holster, because so far, other than the loose spring that seems to happen over time with both the xv6700 holster and 700w holster, have no complaints.
    I HAD this holster also. The swivel ratchet failed within a month and my phone hit the ground for the first time last week. I replaced it with the Helix of similar design. I will say, the Helix gives a better sense of security as the latch tab fits the phone better. It also makes a pronounced "click" when holstered. The swivel doesn't ratchet, but uses friction on the pivot to keep it in a desired position.
  17.    #17  
    the one that does not cover the SD card
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccstooge
    Is this the Seidio holster you're referring to? Shield 2

I bought that one and I don't have a problem with it... I like it better than the Krussell case because I take the phone off and hook it up to my car stereo - the Krussell doesn't fit in the PDA mount and the clear front plastic blocks the keys (not to mention it is made for a 650 and wasn't redesigned for the 700). I have to have something that has the slimmest clip possible, and doesn't add a lot of size to the phone so it works fine - The clip over the SD card is strong (I can see it wearing out like any other spring) and keeps the phone secure.
    no the Seido Shield 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer
    I HAD this holster also. The swivel ratchet failed within a month and my phone hit the ground for the first time last week. I replaced it with the Helix of similar design. I will say, the Helix gives a better sense of security as the latch tab fits the phone better. It also makes a pronounced "click" when holstered. The swivel doesn't ratchet, but uses friction on the pivot to keep it in a desired position.
    I use the Helix holster too. It works great and holds my Treo 650 tight. I don't worry about the phone popping out and it never has. I don't worry about my SD card popping out either because I just don't bang my phone up against stuff like other people do. I have tried other carriers (like the Speck ToughSkin....horrible product). I think I tried 5 in all. The Helix is by far the best quality and functional of all. I have never tried the Seidio holster, so I cannot compare or comment on them.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    helix is by far the best!! have to second that opinion.....seidio is the worst.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast