Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have the second generation seido holster for about 3 weeks and have no complaints. It holds the Treo securely in place and I like the spring activated clip on top...have not had a problem with my memory card as other members have posted. YMMV.
    I for one will never buy from Sedio again!
    The last order was for an extended battery, skin and cover for the 700p as soon as the phone came out. Sedio did not ship for about 10 days, so I went to their site, logged in and cancelled the whole order. What do I know, after a while they shipped it to me and charged my card. Called them and they would not give me a RMA#, intsead have this elaborate forms and crap for returning which by the way did not work for me. Gave up and now have a box full of stuff worth 80 some $ sitting in a corner. Did not use it even once. Their return policy is terrible. Why did they not give me the RMA # when I spoke to them? Insted one is required to log on and go through a series of hoops to "obtain" a RMA#, which by the way does not work.
    Everything I ordered, I ordered thru the treocentral store. I also ordered the Sedio battery cover (with the quick-access reset hole), the Sedio extended battery, and some pen/styli, and as usual everything was shipped very quickly. Both the Sedio cover and extended battry work great.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk
    Everything I ordered, I ordered thru the treocentral store. I also ordered the Sedio battery cover (with the quick-access reset hole), the Sedio extended battery, and some pen/styli, and as usual everything was shipped very quickly. Both the Sedio cover and extended battry work great.
    I ordered from TreoCentral Store too, and they have great service and super fast shipping.
    I am quite happy with my second generation Seidio holster, I find it to be much more secure than the Helix model I previously had. I do wish it had that nice soft-texture urethane coating though.

Some of you who post here are really brutal to the guy from Seidio. I suppose when you eventually succeed in driving him off the site you'll whine about how no one from Seidio answers questions here. I've seen the same pattern many times, on other forums in other industries.

Having bought numerous items directly from Seidio and Treocentral, I would say both offer good service and prices are reasonable.
    If I ever by anything "Seido", it will be through Treocentral. I also experienced the runaround when trying to return an incompatible accessory after ordering directly from them. The time I spent sending emails and filling out forms to which they never responded was not worth the cost of the item so I gave up. (I figure that was their plan.) After they were "outed" on the web by several ex-customers, they sent apologies. (Too late.)

It is a pity because I prefer to order directly from the branders if not the manufacturers.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I just got my seidio holster for skinned treos' and the clear crystal case today; as per the trocentral review. I am very satisfied! the crysta case is great and slides in & out of a pocket easily. from what I see of the holster so far; I do not forsee any problems. its seems good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    I for one will never buy from Sedio again!
    The last order was for an extended battery, skin and cover for the 700p as soon as the phone came out. Sedio did not ship for about 10 days, so I went to their site, logged in and cancelled the whole order. What do I know, after a while they shipped it to me and charged my card. Called them and they would not give me a RMA#, intsead have this elaborate forms and crap for returning which by the way did not work for me. Gave up and now have a box full of stuff worth 80 some $ sitting in a corner. Did not use it even once. Their return policy is terrible. Why did they not give me the RMA # when I spoke to them? Insted one is required to log on and go through a series of hoops to "obtain" a RMA#, which by the way does not work.
    funny that the sedio rep who posts here occassionally when people complain about the holsters now has nothing to say on your account.
    ???sedio guy? how about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    funny that the sedio rep who posts here occassionally when people complain about the holsters now has nothing to say on your account.
    ???sedio guy? how about it?
    What exactly would you like to hear? If you folks actually think that we go out of our way to cheat and frustrate our customers, then that is certainly your right. I'm not going to get involved in name calling and the other various flamings that occur in threads like this. I post my name and email with every entry. I won't claim that we satisfy 100% of our customers every time as that would be neither realistic nor true. I KNOW that the people who have troubles that I find out about I do my best to resolve. Now, if this is going to result in more "your'e full of it" kind of posts, I won't bother to reply. Keep in mind that we are in business to make money - and you can't do that without satisfying the great majority of your customers.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    What exactly would you like to hear? If you folks actually think that we go out of our way to cheat and frustrate our customers, then that is certainly your right. I'm not going to get involved in name calling and the other various flamings that occur in threads like this. I post my name and email with every entry. I won't claim that we satisfy 100% of our customers every time as that would be neither realistic nor true. I KNOW that the people who have troubles that I find out about I do my best to resolve. Now, if this is going to result in more "your'e full of it" kind of posts, I won't bother to reply. Keep in mind that we are in business to make money - and you can't do that without satisfying the great majority of your customers.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    I absolutely appreciate that you're in it to make money. You don't seem to appreciate when people make purely simple, accurate presentations and critiques of your products or their interactions with your support. I for one lauded the new holster, but anytime anyone says something negative you seem to go out of you way to mention that it's a first gen and that you've sold zillions of them over x years without complaint and that argument doesn't amount to a logical one. That people do not complain does not mean that they are satisfied. You need metrics and I'm not asking you to provide them here.

I was a repeat customer purely because the first product stunk and I didn't find any other alternatives that doesn't have anything to do with satisfying your customers. As I said, and I believe it holds true for many people, the average person that has a $400 pda cell phone doesn't have the time or interest in trying to get a refund because he/she wasn't satisfied with a $30 holster. Most would simply move on and get another product and you'd never know that.

This post isn't meant to be a flame or an attack.
    Last edited by littlewaywelt; 08/17/2006 at 03:22 PM.
    David explain this to me: why was I sent an order that I had cancelled on your site many days before that order was sent out to me.
    Let me tell you this. Some of us are not going to be broke from it. But it reflects on your company's morals. I called to let you know that I did not want it indeed. Spoke to David Chung. You must have refunded that sale right away. Again, thats very bad. And I was a repeat customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    I absolutely appreciate that you're in it to make money. You don't seem to appreciate when people make purely simple, accurate presentations and critiques of your products or their interactions with your support. I for one lauded the new holster, but anytime anyone says something negative you seem to go out of you way to mention that it's a first gen and that you've sold zillions of them over x years without complaint and that argument doesn't amount to a logical one. That people do not complain does not mean that they are satisfied. You need metrics and I'm not asking you to provide them here.

I was a repeat customer purely because the first product stunk and I didn't find any other alternatives that doesn't have anything to do with satisfying your customers. As I said, and I believe it holds true for many people, the average person that has a $400 pda cell phone doesn't have the time or interest in trying to get a refund because he/she wasn't satisfied with a $30 holster. Most would simply move on and get another product and you'd never know that.

This post isn't meant to be a flame or an attack.

I can appreciate what you're saying. I certainly won't deny that we've had product growing pains in the past and that our customer service department has had to learn how to actually satisfy customers. I don't mind hearing about particular problems so that I can help to solve them. When someone just says something like "it's all just crap and their service stinks", it doesn't really give me anything to go on. I'm not saying don't complain; I'm just asking to know what the specific complaints are. I don't think I'm overly sensitive, and hope I haven't given that impression. I want to be proud of the company I work for and will do the best I can to help to satisfy reasonable requests. I understand that our RMA process has been spotty and very complicated in the not too distant past. It's a lot easier now and I believe we're a lot more timely in our responses. I monitor the forums NOT to squash or deny product problems, but to find out exactly what they are. Almost all of the feedback received via this method is forwarded to our development team.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    David explain this to me: why was I sent an order that I had cancelled on your site many days before that order was sent out to me.
    Let me tell you this. Some of us are not going to be broke from it. But it reflects on your company's morals. I called to let you know that I did not want it indeed. Spoke to David Chung. You must have refunded that sale right away. Again, thats very bad. And I was a repeat customer.
    Give me an order number and I'll work with you. Please mail it directly to my email address below. It isn't possible to cancel an order by yourself - you have to either email or call us. If that was done and we didn't respond, I apologize. You also have 14 days from the time an order is received to send it back without any kind of restocking fee.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Having worked customer service myself, let me say a couple of things:

Threads like this rarely indicate *actual* customer satisfaction rates, they're almost always higher than these complaints would indicate

It's a tough thing for a company to deal with - when you're publicly called out on certain issues - cust serv. issues are best handled directly, not in a public forum. So that David is willing to not only follow the TC forums but publicly respond is a sign of *incredible* care about customer satisfaction - it's something that I see as a kindness, not as a requirement.

So when I see people demanding accountabilty here for another company I usually get a bad taste in my mouth - Companies should be held accountable, but they shouldn't be held accountable in random forums not found on their site.
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus
    Companies should be held accountable, but they shouldn't be held accountable in random forums not found on their site.
    Wrong.
    When they don't deal with their customers properly this is the price they pay. Prior to the age of the web & forums the consumer had little recourse. He/she could file a complaint with the bbb, but how many people checked or were able to check companies they did business with? With forums and the easy spread of information businesses don't have to double their efforts to satisfy customers. THe ones who shined before, shine now. The ones who don't get called on it...too bad for them.

You make 9/10 happy, but really irritate 1, you will lose far more business from that one's badmouthing than from positive referals etc from the other 9. That's a given.

That is why companies that have unconditional return policies or at least make it easy for the consumer to return have the most repeat business and happiest customers. Think REI and LL Bean. You'll have a hard time finding anyone that badmouths them on forums.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i love my Cellet "Elite" RH7 Rubberized Holster!!!
    Seidio is going back.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123