Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biswasd
    helix is by far the best!! have to second that opinion.....seidio is the worst.
    is this the helix you are talking about?
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-24--415.htm
    it doesnt seem to be any different from the original seidio treo 650 holster which i have and has also sent the phone flying to the ground several times in addition to scratching the hell out of the paint just from regular inserting/removing.
    Quote Originally Posted by milkham
    is this the helix you are talking about?
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-24--415.htm
    it doesnt seem to be any different from the original seidio treo 650 holster which i have and has also sent the phone flying to the ground several times in addition to scratching the hell out of the paint just from regular inserting/removing.

Yes, that is the Helix holster we are talking about. And yes, the design is similar, but better. The latching arm fits the phone better and takes more pressure to disengage. The phone actually snaps into place with a more convincing sound. You can't pry the phone out of the holster by the antenna with this holster like you could with the Seidio.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    does it do this to your phone?

4.    #24  
    YES!!! I hate that. Why can't there be a holder that is identitcal to the blackberry holster? The blackberry holster is one of the best, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer
    Yes, that is the Helix holster we are talking about. And yes, the design is similar, but better. The latching arm fits the phone better and takes more pressure to disengage. The phone actually snaps into place with a more convincing sound. You can't pry the phone out of the holster by the antenna with this holster like you could with the Seidio.
    The Helix also has a rubber-like coating over the whole holster. I must say that it's very nice and keeps the Treo from getting scratched.
    I used the Seido Shield 1 for about a month before the Shield 2 came out, and it ejected my phone at least 6 times. I bought the Shield 2 and have had no problems since, except my phone is still scratched to hell.

Seido should at least offer refunds or upgrades to Shield 1 owners.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    This is what I have now, after my phone was ejected from the Seido holster multiple times.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_hotty
    This is what I have now, after my phone was ejected from the Seido holster multiple times.
    Ha Ha. I thought I was looking at my Treo. Are you also missing some of the silver on the front face of the phone? I second that all of the Seidio 1 holster users should at a very minimum get a deep discount on the 2nd version.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I have the first generation Seidio - and it has failed to hold onto my 700w numerous times. We should be able to return it for a credit against the more secure, revised design.
    most everything from Seido is garbage. Shame on us for buying from them in the first place. Its no secret they cut corners on quality and deliver inferior products. Thats a fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpezzella
    I have the first generation Seidio - and it has failed to hold onto my 700w numerous times. We should be able to return it for a credit against the more secure, revised design.
    Just a note - the 1st generation holster that people are referring to has been totally replaced with subsequent upgrades. As a matter of fact, the 1st gen is still our largest selling holster of all time. Obviously, user experiences vary. Our spring clip holster is extremely secure, and, if the clip is pushed up and out of the way during insertion or withdrawal, the SD card will never be effected by it. We continue to innovate and all products go through changes as they get out into the user community and a data is collected from everyday users. I'm sorry you had the problems you did - did you ever email or request a refund or replacement during your warranty period?

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    most everything from Seido is garbage. Shame on us for buying from them in the first place. Its no secret they cut corners on quality and deliver inferior products. Thats a fact!
    Sorry you feel that way. Do you have any particular products you've been unhappy with or is this just a generalization based upon other people's feedback? We have tons of thank yous and positive input from users of a great variety of our products. You can't please everyone, but we do our best to deal with deficiencies and problems as we become aware of them.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Sorry you feel that way. Do you have any particular products you've been unhappy with or is this just a generalization based upon other people's feedback? We have tons of thank yous and positive input from users of a great variety of our products. You can't please everyone, but we do our best to deal with deficiencies and problems as we become aware of them.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    There is no thank you here. I agree with prior posters as to an exchange policy with 1st generation seido holsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by akramer84
    There is no thank you here. I agree with prior posters as to an exchange policy with 1st generation seido holsters.
    Agreed. I felt ripped off after buying a holster that thrashed my phone by james bond ejector seating it only to have a new model come out three months later.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    Agreed. I felt ripped off after buying a holster that thrashed my phone by james bond ejector seating it only to have a new model come out three months later.
    Our original holster - the one referenced in this thread - was on the market almost since the 650 came out. It is only within the last 6 months or so that we have released the spring clip holster - which is standard throughout the models that we support. We've always had a 14 day return policy, but to offer free upgrades months after purchase doesn't seem right. If something doesn't work for you from the time of purchase, why not ask for a refund as soon as you are aware of it?

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    This "ejector-seat" holster looked suspect from the word go.
    I purchased the helix holster. I have had a Body Glove case for awile now and realize that I wear my Treo 700w in my pocket with the clip attached to the outside of my pocket. While I like the fact that the clear plastic over the entire front protects the treo, it also makes tryping and general viewing seomewhat difficult, and I find myslef often taking it out of the case when working with it. So i was looking for more of a holster and saw this thred. I hope to get it this week and I'll let you all know how it works out. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Our original holster - the one referenced in this thread - was on the market almost since the 650 came out. It is only within the last 6 months or so that we have released the spring clip holster - which is standard throughout the models that we support. We've always had a 14 day return policy, but to offer free upgrades months after purchase doesn't seem right. If something doesn't work for you from the time of purchase, why not ask for a refund as soon as you are aware of it?

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    because it took my phone ejecting probably three times before i realized it was a design problem not my pilot error. at that point the phone was so scratched i really didn't care. going through the process of returning something like that, writing emails, coordinating receipts...I can't be bothered for $30.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk
    I purchased the helix holster. I have had a Body Glove case for awile now and realize that I wear my Treo 700w in my pocket with the clip attached to the outside of my pocket. While I like the fact that the clear plastic over the entire front protects the treo, it also makes tryping and general viewing seomewhat difficult, and I find myslef often taking it out of the case when working with it. So i was looking for more of a holster and saw this thred. I hope to get it this week and I'll let you all know how it works out. Thanks!
    The Helix came today, and I love it, and would definitely recommend it - after only using for the last eight hours! It's sleek and holds the Treo firmly and does not "eject" it when I go to retrieve it. Nicely done...
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    oh no. I just ordered a seido holster.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast