1.    #1  
    I had a person ask me this:

(Is there a way on the Treo 700w to view your contact list by first name rather than sorted by last name?)

So if you have a Treo 700w can you let me know if you can switch the last name list to a first name list and if you can how ..... I have a Treo 700p so I can't check this my self LOL
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Knight, Dark: Sorry, its last name first in these here parts. Anyone to suggest otherwise gets lynched. Tell your user that should they just start typing in the persons first name in the search bar, it pulls them up that way which is much faster then going to the dedicated contacts screen.
    By default you cant but many 3rd party apps can do it, such as PI

http://pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=1011
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  4.    #4  
    Hey thanks for the info I told them to put the first name in the last name spot LOL
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight
    Hey thanks for the info I told them to put the first name in the last name spot LOL
    The problem with that is voice commands won't work correctly if you put the first name as the lastname.
  6.    #6  
    why would it make a diff? a name is a name, I know people who have a two first names LOL........ and I don't know if they use the voice command on the Treo anyway.......
    I had the same issue.

You may want to look on this thread.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=117129
  8.    #8  
    well I passed along the info thanks, one more thing, WHAT if they don't USE Voice Command?...... hhhhuuuummmmm LOL
    If they did happen to use voice command, they'd just have to say the last name instead of the first name...or vice versa. LOL
    How'd we ever survive before handhelds, PDAs, Smartphones...

THEN...Palm Vx --> Sony Clie PEG-T665C --> Sony Clie TG50 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Treo 700W...NOW
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I just set it in Outlook under "File As" and it works just fine, everyone displayed as FirstName Lastname and works perfectly with voice command.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tardeaux
    I just set it in Outlook under "File As" and it works just fine, everyone displayed as FirstName Lastname and works perfectly with voice command.
    But you cant do it for existing contacts if i remember rightly. And theres no way im re-typing my 1000+ contacts back in, would be nice to free up some space on my treo and get rid of the app but it has other benefits to so im not that bothered.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    But you cant do it for existing contacts if i remember rightly. And theres no way im re-typing my 1000+ contacts back in, would be nice to free up some space on my treo and get rid of the app but it has other benefits to so im not that bothered.
    I've never had a problem changing the display format on any contacts, old or new. Just open the existing contact in Outlook, drop down the "File As" box and choose the format you want...then save, done!