1.    #1  
    I am having trouble with an Itrek M5 (same as Iblue) with Iguidance. I just installed all software loaded maps and paired the GPS, no problems. Took it or a test drive worked great. I then wanted to see if voice commands go to my Jabra JX10 headset. When I turned on the headset I lost all sats and it unchecked "turn on bluetooth" in bluetooth setting. Headset works great by itself as well as GPS by itself. I have tried re-pairing both with no success and I also tried changing the com port for the GPS from 7 to 4. Any ideas? If no luck I will get to see how good customer support is at Semsons.
  2.    #2  
    Called Semsons and made arrangements to meet them at their location, wasn't to far for me. I had several issues, in addition to the headset conflict I was also experiencing inaccuracy, sometimes it would show me on the next street or just say "off road". On a few occasions when I would power up it would never find a sat. Also after taking a phone call it would lock up Iguidance. I ended up swapping the Itrek M5 for the GlobalSat BT-359. So far seems to be more accurate. It also has no conflicts with my headset and I took a few calls with no lockups. Thanks to Semsons for handling the problem to my satisfaction.
    Last edited by IBMACE; 07/10/2006 at 06:53 PM.
    Do multiple Bluetooth devices work at the same time? I noticed that when using my TomTom bluetooth GPS, my bluetooth headset starts to act up and eventually causes phone problems. I just accepted that 2 blutooth devices like that don't work concurrently. Should I expect more?
    Quote Originally Posted by russmd
    I just accepted that 2 blutooth devices like that don't work concurrently. Should I expect more?
    Expect more. My i730 and my Moto Q both handle BT GPS and headset simultaneously without a hiccup. With the Treo 700w, I could get them both to work, but it seemed beyond its capability as the BT GPS would become erratic over time.
  5.    #5  
    So far on day 2 of testing a GlobalSat BT-339 with a Jabra JX-10 headset all is well. Both working at the same time. I will be trying 3 bluetooth devices running at the same time, I just picked up a bt pcmcia card for my laptop for maps and sync.
    Thanks for posting your config. I am setting up the same exact stuff with a 700w but was wondering if you have figured out how to get the screen to stay on when plugged into an external source. Iguidance keeps shutting off and I have gone into the power settings on the phone and told it to stay on for 30 minutes when on external power. Any suggestions? Anyway thanks for posting, I needed re-assurance for choosing the bt-359 and the bluetooth adapter for my laptop (havent opened yet). Semsons rocks!
  7.    #7  
    I have never seen an effect in power settings. I went to settings, system, backlight, external power and unchecked "turn off backlight if device is not used for". It will stay on and while plugged in. I would be ok with the screen going off as long as the voice prompts came through. Its a strange setup, programs run with backlight off but the sound is off as well. Same problem playing mp3's.
    thanks. that definitely worked. keeping the backlight from shuting off fixed the problem. i have since seen posts saying that this is a treo glitch and should be fixed in the future.
    thanks again!