1.    #1  
    Hello, I am tryin to get my work email

We are running exchange2003....when accessing my email from the outside, I use a VPN to login.

The vpn we use is a Cisco Dialer, then we log into Citrix which gives us a desktop and I access outlook from there.

What has to be done to sync wirelessly to my work echange server?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I would hand your Treo to an IT person and ask them to make it work.
    Ask your IT guys these questions:

- do we hvae Service Pack 2 installed on our Exchange server?
    - do we support Outlook Web Access? (you may know this as well)

If you answer yes to those, then you have all you need to get EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) working for you. You can forget all that Citrix and VPN bullshevok - that's for a laptop. Here's what you need to do (and some of these directions change if you have the latest ROM upgrade installed on your 700w, depending on when you bought it, or if you've upgraded it)

First and foremost - you'll be able to do 99% of these tasks just with the navigator - put away that stylus!!

Start button

Programs

ActiveSync

Menu/Add Server Source

Enter your OWA URL (something like 'companyname-owa.com) - withOUT the http:/ stuff

Check SSL box

Next

Enter your User Name and Password that you use to logon to Windows domain

Check save password

Finish

Run one manual sync

After that - you'll be able to set up the automatic SMS push (note that if you've installed the latest ROM, which has the MSFP upgrade in it, you won't need to do this SMS stuff)

Now we'll set up the SMS push process:

(still in Active Sync)

Menu

Schedule

Peak Times - scroll and select 'As Items Arrive' - this was not an option before
    Set off peak times as the same

Tap (yes, you have to tap here) 'Set up device to sync when new items arrive'

Provider: Other (use this - that's critical)

Enter your 10-digit phn#@vtext.com

That's it!! You'll now receive email instantly on your 700w withOUT having to wait for MSFP
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser View Post
    Ask your IT guys these questions:

- do we hvae Service Pack 2 installed on our Exchange server?
    - do we support Outlook Web Access? (you may know this as well)

If you answer yes to those, then you have all you need to get EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) working for you. You can forget all that Citrix and VPN bullshevok - that's for a laptop. Here's what you need to do (and some of these directions change if you have the latest ROM upgrade installed on your 700w, depending on when you bought it, or if you've upgraded it)

First and foremost - you'll be able to do 99% of these tasks just with the navigator - put away that stylus!!

Start button

Programs

ActiveSync

Menu/Add Server Source

Enter your OWA URL (something like 'companyname-owa.com) - withOUT the http:/ stuff

Check SSL box

Next

Enter your User Name and Password that you use to logon to Windows domain

Check save password

Finish

Run one manual sync

After that - you'll be able to set up the automatic SMS push (note that if you've installed the latest ROM, which has the MSFP upgrade in it, you won't need to do this SMS stuff)

Now we'll set up the SMS push process:

(still in Active Sync)

Menu

Schedule

Peak Times - scroll and select 'As Items Arrive' - this was not an option before
    Set off peak times as the same

Tap (yes, you have to tap here) 'Set up device to sync when new items arrive'

Provider: Other (use this - that's critical)

Enter your 10-digit phn#@vtext.com

That's it!! You'll now receive email instantly on your 700w withOUT having to wait for MSFP
    I have a similar setup and tried all this and I can't get my email to show up. I do have OWA access but have to login through my company's VPN first before or else I get no access at all. Can that be the reason why I'm not able to use the above method.

I'm currently using VZW Wireless Sync but I have to have my laptop on in order to get my email pushed.

I'm really desperate in finding a solution to get email pushed to my Treo 700wx. My IT guys won't do anything on their end to push my email, etc. Please let me know if there's another alternative here.