1.    #1  
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ivesync42.mspx

Microsoft Active Sync 4.2

Changes in ActiveSync 4.2 help resolve connectivity related issues with Microsoft Outlook, proxies, partnerships, and connectivity.

* Microsoft Outlook Improvements: Resolves issues relating to error code 85010014
    * Proxy/DTPT interaction Improvements: Improved auto configuration of device Connection Manager settings when desktop has no proxy path to the internet.
    * Improved Desktop Pass Thru behavior with ISA proxy failures
    * Partnership improvements: Better resolution of multiple devices with the same name syncing with the same desktop
    * Connectivity Improvements: Better handling of VPN clients (resolve unbinding of protocols from our RNDIS adapter). New auto detection of connectivity failure with user diagnostic alert

ActiveSync 4.2 supports PC sync via USB cable, Bluetooth, or infrared connection.
    has anyone been using the Activesync 4.2? Any problems?
    Ken in CA
    There's a thread on this in the Windows Mobile Software - WM Synchronization forum.
    And yes, so far for me it works great.

Neil
    Is it this worth the upgrade? Cause activesync seems fragile enough already... and since it ain't broke.. do we really want to try to mess with it?
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointman
    Is it this worth the upgrade? Cause activesync seems fragile enough already... and since it ain't broke.. do we really want to try to mess with it?
    same thoughts here... haven't had any problems with the 4.2 Beta I have been using since it's been out....
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w