Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I'm helping a friend set up his 700w and he has a large word document -- with tables -- that he'd like to use as reference on his device. The problem is it is 1.3MB. I can open it on my 650 with Docs to Go, but he can't open it with Pocket Word. He gets an 'out of memory' error. There are no other programs running. Even after a reset he gets this error.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to how he could get this file to open?

Thanks.

-James
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    <bump> anyone?
    If this doc is just for reference I assume you don't need editing capabilities. Maybe a reader/viewer app might work in that case. I'm not sure if there is a read only doc viewer, but you could try converting the doc to a pdf and use adobe reader.

Edit: You might want to give ClearVue Document a try also.

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...=82641&R=82641
    Last edited by hannip; 07/07/2006 at 08:39 PM.
    I use Repligo for stuff like this. It is sort of like an Adobe professional suite that is designed for a mobile device. You can get it at handango.com. It will convert any document on your desktop to a format which can be viewed easily on the mobile device. There are lots of viewing options. (text reflow, zooming, rotating, finds, dragging, etc...) It costs $29.95

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...=51208&R=51208
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    I think its really sad that WORD can't open a WORD file, but these 3rd parties can.

and I lov my 700w too. but come ON!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Do you think that it might be the tables that is causing the hang up? I suggested that he remove them and see if it opens.

-James
    Also might save the file as a simple text file in word on the PC (I know it will kill the formating and tables but you might be able to manipulate it to something usable on the 700W). That will cut down on the memory overhead.

Neil
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shrink57
    Also might save the file as a simple text file in word on the PC (I know it will kill the formating and tables but you might be able to manipulate it to something usable on the 700W). That will cut down on the memory overhead.

Neil
    I'll have him give it a try. Thanks!