1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to get rid of the "Notification" text which displays above the left soft button on these Treos? After it syncs with my Exchange server and new mail arrives, the left soft button which usually has only "Messsaging" as its option will show "Notification" which, when selected will give you a message telling you how many new mail messages you have. I find this redundant since the Today screen already tells me the number of unread messages and gives me two extra button clicks to get to my mail. Has anyone trieds to get rid of that option? I have found that unchecking the "Display notification on screen" in the Settings section does not get rid of it, it only prevents yet another on-screen message from notifying you of new messages. Any help?
    I would like to know this as well.. I use Wireless Sync and every time i get a new email, the "notification" screeen pops up.. If you disable this however, it wont buzz or beep when i get a new email.. So i leave it on...

Anyone know a solution?
  3.    #3  
    Are their any talented WM05 hackers out there who might be able to get rid of this message?
    goto settings, and uncheck all under "new email" -- this worked for me, no buzzes or pop ups.
    goto settings, and uncheck all under "new email" -- this worked for me, no buzzes or pop ups.
    Then i have no idea when i have a new email (using Wireless Sync)
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112
    Then i have no idea when i have a new email (using Wireless Sync)
    I'm in the same boat. I hate the notification screen popup, but if you shut it off, you have no idea that you've got new email... Its frustrating as most of the time the notification screen doesn't pop up until I get almost down to the part of the today screen where I can just click to see my messages and then you gotta start all over...
  7.    #7  
    I already turned off the "popup". I was referring to the left soft button "Messaging" option. If you have received new mail since you last checked, that button will have two options: Notification and Messaging. I already know I have new mail so I want to eliminate the "Notification" option altogether. Whether I ahve received new mail or not, I'd like that loft soft button to have only the Messaging option available. I thing this would be a registry hack, not a user-settable option. Any ideas?
    Anyone ever figure this out? I don't want the "Notification" text on my left softkey when an email comes in. I have popups, sound, etc disabled for new emails in the system settings. I use PhoneAlarm to just flash the LED when a new email comes in.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer