Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i read 10:1 sprint sucks vs verizon sucks threads, if not more. while i'm sure the post above is a real one it does read somewhat dramatic.

Hey Bull, why not stay with Cingular? You're going to let one post make a decision for you? That would seem silly if not ridiculous. I also see that you've only posted here twice. Regardless, good luck with your decision making process.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    LOL, you think the posting is "dramatic". Would you have any clue what you're talking about? You try dealing with VZW's customer service reps. I've gotten nothing but misinformation and lies and misdirection at every turn. Do you think there are so many posts about either carrier if they were good to their customers? In the same day I was returning the first Treo, I met one guy who was also returning his and another guy who said his company bought a dozen and out of which they only had 3 left because the rest of the users refused to use theirs anymore.

The Treos are without fail are awful devices. They are lacking in memory, they have screens that are too small, Wireless Sync is a complete joke, and their support is without fail, godawful. The memory issue alone should have been enough to sink this device. However, Palm/VZW decided to release it any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjsrik
    LOL, you think the posting is "dramatic". Would you have any clue what you're talking about? You try dealing with VZW's customer service reps. I've gotten nothing but misinformation and lies and misdirection at every turn. Do you think there are so many posts about either carrier if they were good to their customers? In the same day I was returning the first Treo, I met one guy who was also returning his and another guy who said his company bought a dozen and out of which they only had 3 left because the rest of the users refused to use theirs anymore.

The Treos are without fail are awful devices. They are lacking in memory, they have screens that are too small, Wireless Sync is a complete joke, and their support is without fail, godawful. The memory issue alone should have been enough to sink this device. However, Palm/VZW decided to release it any way.
    "they have screens that are too small"

you're right. no drama in that comment either.

best success with whichever carrier you choose.
    I bought the treo 700w exactly one week ago after comparing it vs. the Q. I chose the treo due to its better PDA functions.

I am a windows user and wanted the Windows L&F. I am a "regular" user in that I want email access (two pop accounts) and a calendar and contact list that I can sync with outlook. I do not need verizon's auto sync. I do want the internet access for weather, travel reports, quick news updates, etc. I likely won't install many 3rd party apps.

That being said, the weirdness with the device is starting to frustrate me. The call volume is sometimes muted, then it becomes normal when I plug the phone jack in, make a call, then unplug it. The pop accounts were syncing when I had them turned off (I think I figured out how to turn it off ... hint - don't rely on the "Delivery preferences" settings). I cannot send email (same problem with invalid address that others have seen ... though I swear that it was working before I applied the update).

In general, quirks aside, I love the PDA functionality.

However I absolutely HATE the phone - the signal strength and voice quality is horrible.

I am seriously considering changing to the Q before my 15 days at VZW are up ... but I fear that I am just going to inherit all the Q problems that I've been reading about (poor battery, etc). The phone is supposedly "better" so I may just have to suck it up, as I cannot have poor phone quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarfella
    I am seriously considering changing to the Q before my 15 days at VZW are up ... but I fear that I am just going to inherit all the Q problems that I've been reading about (poor battery, etc). The phone is supposedly "better" so I may just have to suck it up, as I cannot have poor phone quality.
    My Q battery life (regular battery) is the same as my post-AKU2 Treo 700W with Sedio extended battery. If you can live with the Treo's battery life, the Q will be fine.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12