Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I am having a devil of time with activesync and the latest update of
    Chapura's pocket mirror using two computers and a treo 700w, both running
    outlook 2003 sp2. It keeps resyncing ALL of the calendar entries and ALL of
    the contact entries (2500+). It does this when syncing both computers. The
    sync will complete, then it will start syncing all over again.

I tried reinstalling activesync and pocket mirror and then rebooted the computer. It then performed correctly, as in, it only synced the changed items and very fast. I thought I had solved the problem.

I then moved the Treo to my second pc and did the same reinstallation of
    active sync, the 2.12 Chapura Pocket mirror update and rebooted the computer. It proceeded to resync everything, twice. Came up with numerous unresolved items in the contacts. These unresolved contact items had not been changed by me any time in the past! Then it seemed to perform correctly. The sync summary showed a sync happened and the date but nothing else.

I then moved the treo 700w back to the first computer and tried resyncing
    there. It then went back to its old ways of resyncing everything. This is
    taking an immense amount of my time and accomplishing little since 99.9% of
    the data has not changed. Chapura has been of little help on this issue.

What is interesting is that this problem only started to happen after the latest update to Pocket Mirror.

Any ideas on what may be going wrong here? Chapura seems to think it is an activesync issue, but does not have any other answers.
    Thats because the program sucks. And their supprot Sucks even More. Stay away from Chapura! IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, got a little angry there. Moral of the story STAY AWAY FROM CHAPURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Brother Mike: So what is the alternative. Active Sync doesn't sync like a real program should.
    Quote Originally Posted by brothermike
    Thats because the program sucks. And their supprot Sucks even More. Stay away from Chapura! IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, got a little angry there. Moral of the story STAY AWAY FROM CHAPURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I had nothing but positive experiences with chapura's support and several of their palm-based programs over many many years.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    I had nothing but positive experiences with chapura's support and several of their palm-based programs over many many years.
    Are you using their Windows one now.

Do you happen to know what happens when they upgrade. If I pay $50 now and they upgrade the program in 30 days am I pretty much up a creek with an older piece of software or is there a set amount of free upgrades.

When you purchased the product it you pay for the $5 download fee?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusTreo
    Are you using their Windows one now.

Do you happen to know what happens when they upgrade. If I pay $50 now and they upgrade the program in 30 days am I pretty much up a creek with an older piece of software or is there a set amount of free upgrades.

When you purchased the product it you pay for the $5 download fee?

Thanks
    I don't use it for WM because I don't need it like I did with Palm OS. I'm sure their upgrade policy is spelled out on their website.
    Well, lets start by saying what it is that activesync is not doing for you. The only thing I can think of is if you use business contact manager and cant get your multiple folders onto your treo. If that is the case just wait until the end of the month and microsoft should release the upgrade for 5.0 support. #2 I also had an ok experience with chapura/palm support because there was no need for support. The program had gone thru several years of development and all the beta testers, sorry customers did the job of cleaning up. Now the windows platform is relatively new for chapura and they SUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I get angry when I talk about Chapura......AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHH. Just to qualify my statment I will explain. I downloaded the trial because I do use multiple folders and the stupid program commenced to deleting 147 out of 1467 contacts when I spent 2 hours the previous night cleaning up all duplicates. Therefore I had several hundred deleted contacts in my deleted folder and could not tell the difference between the items that I deleted and the ones that Chapura deleted (incorrect time and date stamp) I then tried to find a phone number on Chapuras website and there was not one listed, so I sent them an email. Never got a response. I decided to synch again and try to troubleshoot and got a marketing popup that says how great their support is with a phone number so I called. The lady in so many words said that it had to be user error and could not provide any suggestions. I asked her if the program was designed to remove duplicates and she said "no". Well may I speak with a supervisor? I am a supervisor. Well may I leave a message for someone who can at least try to help me? sure I will transfer you. No call back after 4 days. Sent another email on the last day of my 7 day trial and still have not heard back. Had to uninstall activsynch and re-install 4.2. Thank God for pst backups and sprite. Got my 1467 contacts back. Oh yeah and the program is STUPID! And yes...should you chose to waiste your money there is a reduced upgrade price.
    UnDupe it is a great program. Make sure you also get dbScan so you can remove the deleted entries.
    Well I think you have me sold. What do you do without being able to sync your folders?

Do you really think Microsoft will have active sync fixed to allow syncing folders this month?

I see nothing on their website that will lead me to believe that.
    Well, I had to consolidate all of my contacts into one folder and use the built in search tool in outlook when I need to find my specific groups of people. For example I have a category for my prospective clients called "warm prospects". I type warm prospects into the search box and outlook only shows me these. Or by company name and it only shows me those. For the meantime I have some duplicate contacts, one in my contact folder and one in the business contact manager folder. Microsoft is releasing bcm support for mobile 5 (currently only for pocket pc 2003) which is supposed to be out this month. Once they do I can delete the dup's from my contact folder and just keep those in the bcm folder. If you use bcm then you are in luck, if you keep multiple folders without bcm then there are not many alternatives out there to chapura (aarrhhhh). Microsoft didnt really design the program to work that way, they prefer you to use categories. Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I also had many years of using their Palm based utilities with great success, but I gave up on their Pocket PC based solution. It creates a memory problem on the Treo slowing down the unit to an unacceptabel level. It also never worked without bugs for me. I spent an immense amount of time dealing with it. I also talked with customer support but never got very far. The person I talked with was not very knowledgable. In the end they said they didn't have a solution for me. So I uninstalled the program, consolidated the folders into one folder and have not looked back.

There are other solutions if you are using one computer, but I am not aware of solutions if you are syncing contact or calendar subfolders with more than one computer.
    There has to be some way for having many folders work.

I might try the single folder option again. I have been using Outlook since it first came out. Granted I did not have many contacts as I was using it at college but non the less I have grown used to using folders. I did start using categories so my information is not unorganized.

Thanks for all your comments. I almost bought the software but Delorme sent me a preorder mailer for Street Atlas 2007 (which works with the 700w so my $50 went their way. Thanks Delorme

I am going to attempt Business Contact Manager again. I havn't fully read up on it but it seemed like an interesting program/extension.