Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    great program, I use it with itrek m5. I've used mapopolis before but this one is much better, better interface, 3d view, less cumbersome to use.
    Two issues (so far):
    1. is there a way to prevent keyguard /screen off to kick in. I have keyguard kick in after 1 minute and mapopolis handeled this nicely blocking keyguard. iGuidance gets shut off. Mapopolis used to have option to deal with this.
    2. I've tried to use iGuidance and tcmp player and while iguidance tcmp either does not run or bluetooth blocks audio.

Otherwise great program. Got the package with gps receiver from semsons.com
    I agree it's a good GPS but I can't compare it to other portable NAV as this is my first. I use it with I.Trek M3. Compared to my vehicle's NAV, its better in everyway except for the voice (somewhat choppy) and screen size (obvious) although Mercedes Nav is considered one of the worst in the industry (have a '04 and '02). The only other complaint besides the ones you mention above is when I click on a POI on the map, it will open another window to show the name of the POI and sometimes the red "X" on the top left is blocking the name.
    I use it with the i-Blue receiver and my biggest complaint has been the screen turning off as you mentioned. I got around this by buying a car charger for it (wanted it anyway with the bluetooth and screen on the whole time) and then just set the screen to turn off after 30 minutes when plugged in. I figure I can either refresh the screen every 30 mins without it being a pain or if I dont use the GPS I normally am in the habit of just turning the screen off manually when I am done with it to avoid hitting any buttons when it is in my pocket.

I would be really interested to see a solution for the screen problem though without having to use my workaround!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by synapse
    I use it with the i-Blue receiver and my biggest complaint has been the screen turning off as you mentioned. I got around this by buying a car charger for it (wanted it anyway with the bluetooth and screen on the whole time) and then just set the screen to turn off after 30 minutes when plugged in. I figure I can either refresh the screen every 30 mins without it being a pain or if I dont use the GPS I normally am in the habit of just turning the screen off manually when I am done with it to avoid hitting any buttons when it is in my pocket.

I would be really interested to see a solution for the screen problem though without having to use my workaround!
    that's acceptable, just got email from inav and they said that they don't have feature to support this , I already knew it having clicked through all options. So setting in power on 30 mins is fine. I wish they fixed it, I like simplicity of this vs Mapopolis and user interface.
    thanks for the hint
  5. SHV
    Hi,

You said you have version 3.1... did you mean to say version 3? I bought V3 when it hit the streets (loaded on an IPAQ, not my 700w) and I was wondering if there was a later version or patch already.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SHV
    Hi,

You said you have version 3.1... did you mean to say version 3? I bought V3 when it hit the streets (loaded on an IPAQ, not my 700w) and I was wondering if there was a later version or patch already.
    my mistake , it's v3. Also, mp3 player works after reboot of 700 (problem reported earlier)
    I've just received the iGuidance and iBlue combo from semson's. The software is really simple and usable. Voice navigation is really not usable which makes the product useless!
    The voice prompt have extremely long pauses between words. For example: "in", pause 5 seconds, "200", pause 5 seconds, "feet", pause 5 seconds, "turn left".
    In the meantime, you've already gone through that turn, and several turns beyond that while iGuidance is still hickupping turn directions several steps behind.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charliez
    I've just received the iGuidance and iBlue combo from semson's. The software is really simple and usable. Voice navigation is really not usable which makes the product useless!
    The voice prompt have extremely long pauses between words. For example: "in", pause 5 seconds, "200", pause 5 seconds, "feet", pause 5 seconds, "turn left".
    In the meantime, you've already gone through that turn, and several turns beyond that while iGuidance is still hickupping turn directions several steps behind.
    Sounds like your Treo is choking because of lack of memory. When I try to multi-task large programs this type of behavior occurs.
    Nope, no lack of memory, it was just soft-reset with no other programs running in memory.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charliez
    Nope, no lack of memory, it was just soft-reset with no other programs running in memory.
    Just because you did a soft reset doesn't mean that you have all the available memory you need for the program. After a soft reset, how much program memory do you have available?
    I have 11MB left. But yes, the Treo 700W is the problem. The navigation voice prompts work just fine on my iPaq hp6315 PPC phone.
    Interesting. I've been wanting to buy iNav for a while. Now that v3 is out. I'd like to hear more how 700w users are liking the software.
    I was downtown Chicago yesterday and the GPS was going nuts (telling me to go all different directions). Are people having problems with GPS Receivers when driving by tall buildings? Any solutions to this problem?
    The software actually works quite well. I tried it out on my old iPaq 6315 PPC phone.

The crutch is that on 700W, you have to turn the radio OFF (i.e. no phone) to make the voice prompts work. Otherwise the voice prompts will stutter as I experienced.

I doubt anybody who replied either have a Treo 700W with this software, or are happy with turning the radio OFF (for me: what good is a phone that is off???)

To me not having it co-exist with the phone functionality is a non-starter. I sent semson the same feedback with pretty much a standard reply "iNav engineer knows about the issue, and is working on a patch".

If they knew about it, why did they sell it? It's pretty much useless software ...
    Oh and just so non Treo 700W owners know (like the semson's support/help folks). There is no such thing as turning off the GPRS ... on Verizon, there is NO GPRS.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lionhead
    I was downtown Chicago yesterday and the GPS was going nuts (telling me to go all different directions). Are people having problems with GPS Receivers when driving by tall buildings? Any solutions to this problem?

I thought the newer GPS recievers had most of this problem taken care of, as I recall the problem is the GPS pickes up shadows or redirected siginals that are bounced off of the buildings, I have a stand alone GPS unit I paid $400. for and it would do just that in down town SLC, kind of interesting to watch, the minute I was out of the tall buildings it straightened out and worked just fine.
    Terry
    I have iGuidance 3.0 and it works great on the 700w. I also have an old xv6600 and it works great on that too. The voice directions on the 700w have a bit of slowness issue to them though but still works well enough to get the job done.
    capteeou, can you define how it works "great" on the 700W? do you use it with the phone radio on or off? the slowness is not a "bit". it is at least 3-5 seconds between words. definitely not works well enough to get the job done.
    I use it with the radio on I do not experience those delays. I'll try to record the voice if I can and post back with it later.
    -Dan
    On my 700w I'd say the pause between words is closer to 1 second which didn't interfere with getting turn directions in time. I had the radio on with each testing episode I did. I've never tried it with the radio off.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast