1.    #1  
    I am trying to dl an application and those are two of the many choices. I think I narrowed it down to those two. Can anyone tell me which is representative of ours??

These two are under the heading of "Windows Mobile 5.0". Am I correct in at least that part? Thanks.
    Qvga
    VGA and QVGA are labels for resolutions (Video Graphics Array and Quater Video Graphics Array respectively) They are completely independent from the OS. VGA is 640x480 (in pixels) and QVGA is 320x240 (in pixels). What application are you trying to download?

The Treo 700W is neither VGA nor QVGA.
    Sorry. VGA themes don't run on my device but QVGA do (e.g. Wisbar Advance 2). I thought that my device was QVGA.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Then if it is not VGA or QVGA then what is it?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointman
    I am trying to dl an application and those are two of the many choices. I think I narrowed it down to those two. Can anyone tell me which is representative of ours??

These two are under the heading of "Windows Mobile 5.0". Am I correct in at least that part? Thanks.
    from reading your other post, I can see that you're trying to download diopen. Then I suggest that you go with qvga. but let me remind you that it will slow down your treo significantly.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    VGA and QVGA are labels for resolutions (Video Graphics Array and Quater Video Graphics Array respectively) They are completely independent from the OS. VGA is 640x480 (in pixels) and QVGA is 320x240 (in pixels). What application are you trying to download?
    Oh. Palm told me to use VGA. I am trying to purchase Diopen 6.0.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanlee
    from reading your other post, I can see that you're trying to download diopen. Then I suggest that you go with qvga. but let me remind you that it will slow down your treo significantly.
    Yes sir, diopen. Hmm.. do you know of any other way to get Korean to work?? Any help is REALLY appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    I don't think there's really a standard name for the 700w's resolution, which makes sense since the 700w doesn't have a standard resolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    It's 240x240. QVGA is 320x240. VGA is 640x480. Some QVGA program screens are too big for the Treo screen making them hard/impossible to use requiring a rewrite for the Treo's unique screen size.