1.    #1  
    this morning i decided that i wanted to switch back to my treo from the 6700. i called in to verizon and had my esn changed...i cant connect to evdo.

i have done *228 several times, have now performed 3 hard resets along with several soft. does anyone have any suggestions or am i going to have to get a new phone?

its strange because for the several months that i used the 700w i had no problems at all with this. for the past two months it has been in my desk while i've been using the 6700...and now it wont work.

the error i get is "the answering modem has disconnected. check your connection settins...blahblah"

thanks in advance and yes i did search
    Are you sure the phone is actually on the network (i.e. have you made a phone call?). That message is the one you'll receive when you have a phone with an unregistered ESN and you try to connect to the data network.

I switch between phones a lot using the Verizon (free) website service. Why do you use the call in ($20 per change) service?
  3.    #3  
    yea the phone is on the network. i have been making calls and getting text's all day. when i want to do an esn change, i have to call into the employee line to do it because my sister works for verizon and she has me under her discounted plans.
    I have had problems logging on the internet (calls worked fine), did hard resets, backup restores, you name it. It turned out the network was down here in South Florida (Verizon would not acknowledge the problem until after the fact). Still happens once in a while.

Neil
    I just went through several refurb phones and each time I activated(through the automated phone system)... I had the same problem you describe. It was such a pain to call and talk to tech support for 45min each time..
    Wow...I never knew you could switch between phones. I love the 700w, but sometimes I'd rather leave it behind due to size and value. When I'm at the bar or beach, my LG 6100 would be a better option. Can you switch back and forth as often as you want?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I have both the Verizon 700w and 700p and routinly switch back and forth between the two online through Verizon's website. I've had the 700w for a while and thought I would take the 700p for a spin. I can always make and receive calls after the ESN change but sometimes it takes a while for EVDO to work, longest I've seen it take is a few hrs. I image what happens is the EVDO portion is taking a while to be reprovisioned in their system for the ESN.

And yes... you can switch back and forth between phones as much as you want. However, you will run into issues switching back and forth between EVDO and non-EVDO phones. The ESN online change appears to only work with same service phones.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun
    I just went through several refurb phones and each time I activated(through the automated phone system)... I had the same problem you describe. It was such a pain to call and talk to tech support for 45min each time..
    what solved it in the end?