Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Was in Best Buy looking at 700P and ppc6700. Asked Sprint Rep about 700W and his response was, Sprint doesn't want it, its too buggy, buy the 6700 it is tried and true or the P as the POS is bulletproof. I responded, the are right online, you guys do know nothing.
    He is indeed wrong, which is sad, considering I work at Best Buy and these employee's give us, the knowledgeable ones, a bad name.
    We can confirm that Sprint will pick up two devices previously exclusive to Verizon, the Treo 700w and Samsung i830. The Treo 700w will be released immediately upon the end of Verizon's exclusivity agreement at the end of June.
    To read more: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=116540
    So are we going to see a 700w on Sprint or Nextel ?
    what is the deal, is the ppc6700 a good device ?
    I was looking at the Q the other day and the screen is much smaller than the treo and it does not have a touch screen, I'm guessing thats why its much less money also it look like it got a propritory OS It doesn't look like the other windows devices.
    I'm so confused I want the 700w but I'm not switching to verizon and I don't want to buy all new attachments with the 6700
    So what I'm most interested in is when the 700w comes out for Sprint, what if any changes there will be besides the Verizon branding.
    Unlikely to be any real changes aside from the branding. I would imagine the only real difference IS the branding and perhaps the Spritn Business Connection software instead of VZEmail.
    dajaman,
    When Sprint does release the Treo 700w, are you going back to that Best Buy and talk to that salesperson?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    dajaman,
    When Sprint does release the Treo 700w, are you going back to that Best Buy and talk to that salesperson?
    I doubt it, I said my piece to him. I just want the W, although I have been thinking about the 6700 the past few days.
    I would skip the 700W, personally. No new changes to the device will be made for Sprint and the device is more than 1/2 year old. I'd wait for a WM 6.0 device from Palm to buy a Treo (6.0 phones will begin to be available late this year, according to Microsoft).
    I wouldn't take any credibility from a rep at best buy for your final source of information as to the release of the 700w from Sprint...not saying they are stupid, just that isn't a good source for this type of information.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    So are we going to see a 700w on Sprint or Nextel ?
    what is the deal, is the ppc6700 a good device ?
    I was looking at the Q the other day and the screen is much smaller than the treo and it does not have a touch screen, I'm guessing thats why its much less money also it look like it got a propritory OS It doesn't look like the other windows devices.
    I'm so confused I want the 700w but I'm not switching to verizon and I don't want to buy all new attachments with the 6700
    You won't see niether on Nextel...that is an IDEN network, not CDMA.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I would like the ability to use the wifi card with the W though.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I would like the ability to use the wifi card with the W though.
    That is a higher possiblity...what will come first, wifi on the W or ALP with wife?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal
    I'd wait for a WM 6.0 device from Palm to buy a Treo (6.0 phones will begin to be available late this year, according to Microsoft).
    The OS may be released (and it will more be WM5 SE than WM6, which is due much later) but devices based on it will follow only about 6 months later, due to testing and regulatory hurdles.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    That is a higher possiblity...what will come first, wifi on the W or ALP with wife?
    ALP?

If ALP is a good thing, then I hope its first.

If its bad, then I want the wifi (and speaking of wants, I want gps too.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by KStewart

I think the wife is an optional add-on to the ALP.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    The OS may be released (and it will more be WM5 SE than WM6, which is due much later) but devices based on it will follow only about 6 months later, due to testing and regulatory hurdles.

Surur
    http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=33742

RTM means release to manufacturer. Notice the release of WM5 in April 2005. The Treo 700w only shipped in January 2006, despite being intimately involved in the development of the OS. They ODM needs at least 3-6 months to develop the device with the newly released OS. Thats just how it works.

Win CE 6 is the base of the OS, but WM 6 will come a long many months after that.

Surur
    Thanks for the info, Surur.
    Sprint sposta relese new phones with cdma voice and iden push to talk
    I was hope the first hybird would be the new treo
    I personally saw a 700w on Sprint. I was at an internal Palm Meeting and believe me, it is coming. And very soon.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast