Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I keep hearing August/Sept I hope Boomer is right!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomerX01
    I personally saw a 700w on Sprint. I was at an internal Palm Meeting and believe me, it is coming. And very soon.
    Will it just be released or will there be some fanfare with this one? They quietly released the P's with no major advertising. although V is advertising the heck out of the Q now.
    "Crossbow" will be an add-on. Interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    So are we going to see a 700w on Sprint or Nextel ?
    what is the deal, is the ppc6700 a good device ?
    I was looking at the Q the other day and the screen is much smaller than the treo and it does not have a touch screen, I'm guessing thats why its much less money also it look like it got a propritory OS It doesn't look like the other windows devices.
    I'm so confused I want the 700w but I'm not switching to verizon and I don't want to buy all new attachments with the 6700
    The PPC6700 rocks! Period. It is super stable. I am glad I upgraded from that PoS Treo 650. The screen is much superior compared to the 700W. Some people might find one handed use better on the 700W but that's not something I would trade for the larger screen.

The moto Q has the windows mobile 5.0 smartphone edition not the windows mobile 5.0 pocket PC edition for phone. It is basically a stripped down version found in other keyboard-less phones like the SDA. It does not come with word, excel etc. only comes with outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by dajaman
    Will it just be released or will there be some fanfare with this one? They quietly released the P's with no major advertising. although V is advertising the heck out of the Q now.
    To me, there will be some fanfare, and I would be very interested to see how they address the memory issues with the 700w. Believe me, Palm employees are aware of the problem and they are losing enterprise customers to it. It has not been directly addressed by upper (C-Level) management. The reason, I do not know.

But they are estatic about their next devices, calling them the "next palm pilot".
    Quote Originally Posted by dajaman
    Sprints fanfare marketing tune days seem to be gone trying to focus on not being loud and first out, but the best out of the box...Verizon is into big marketing to flood the release before its out of the box dissapointments later fallow.
    at&t iPhone3G
    It's being released in Sept.
    July 6th...still no 700w for sprint...
    Quote Originally Posted by burger510
    July 6th...still no 700w for sprint...
    July 6, 9:56 A.M...still no 700w for Sprint.
    at&t iPhone3G
    They are delaying it a bit while they are testing the higher amount of RAM in the phone
    I wonder if there will be a better res screen in the mix along with the memory...dreaming.
    at&t iPhone3G
    and wifi? nah that would be to nice of palm to give us sprint users wifi!
    As I said in my above post about Sprint not caring about being first, but releasing a later better out of the box product...lets see if the 700w is better out of the box than Verizon's. Sprint and Verizon released the 700P at the same time, so that doesn't count. I am counting on Sprint to get the 700w release right, and fix the P's issues soon.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I also have faith in Sprint, but it is Palm's device and they have lost my respect with their offerings, or lack there of.
    July 7th 3:40 pm and no Sprint 700w !!!!!
    My friend has a 700w and it rocks I really like it so much better than my 700p
    he has one of thoes sd gps cards with 512 megs of ram that is sooo kewl
    that would be nice for my car since I have a bluetooth hands free car kit I can't do the bluetooth gps and hands free at the sametime with the sd card I could
    its awsome

COME ON SPRINT >.........

Oh yea
    and KStewart your girlfriend ROCKS !!!!
    that would be nice for my car since I have a bluetooth hands free car kit I can't do the bluetooth gps and hands free at the same time
    I thought the 700p could do that.

Surur
    July 7th 3:40 pm and no Sprint 700w !!!!!
    My friend has a 700w and it rocks I really like it so much better than my 700p
    he has one of thoes sd gps cards with 512 megs of ram that is sooo kewl
    that would be nice for my car since I have a bluetooth hands free car kit I can't do the bluetooth gps and hands free at the sametime with the sd card I could
    its awsome

COME ON SPRINT >.........

Oh yea
    and KStewart your girlfriend ROCKS !!!!

You IT guys definitely are getting wiggy awaiting the big W with Sprint.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    As I said in my above post about Sprint not caring about being first, but releasing a later better out of the box product...lets see if the 700w is better out of the box than Verizon's. Sprint and Verizon released the 700P at the same time, so that doesn't count. I am counting on Sprint to get the 700w release right, and fix the P's issues soon.
    I have heard the same, Sprint was fine with V releasing the w first as it was a product that didn't have enough memory, released without AKU2, etc. Too many pains. I can't wait!! I have talked with Palm and they are not objected to increasing the RAM for Sprint.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    I find it hard to beleave that sprint will release a better ver of the 700w and verizon getting screwed after paying out tons of money for exclusivity, I think verizon would cry foul.
    But being a sprint user I hope I get a better treo
    they would have to call it something like 710w
    kind of like Dell with d600 and d610 laptops
    I find it hard to beleave that sprint will release a better ver of the 700w and verizon getting screwed after paying out tons of money for exclusivity, I think verizon would cry foul.
    But being a sprint user I hope I get a better treo
    they would have to call it something like 710w
    kind of like Dell with d600 and d610 laptops

Who cares if Verizon cries foul play...i think Sprint sits back and makes better descisions in marketing and its stratigies.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast