1.    #1  
    Now that the Motorola Q is out the advertisement for the phone is ridiculous. In my opinion I think that the 700w is a great phone besides a couple of setbacks. I just think its funny how the Q is getting pushed so hard by Verizon marketing, that they are forgetting about the 700w. This is all opinion but personally for me, I feel that the 700 is a lot easier to operate(especially the touch screen). I don't remember seeing hardly any of the same advertisement for when the 700w came out. And I believe it is a much more capable device for the business world. Anyone else agree?
    I definitely like the the treo form factor over the Q.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I haven't personally tried the Q but it looks good to me and I think it has its place in the business world. Some folks are doing just fine without a touch screen. We got used to the Treo thumbboard over graffiti, didn't we?

Face it, some manufacturer will improve on the Treo. For me, it is not the Q (not enough software yet) but the next best thing is coming soon.
    So, the Q has the whole slim thing going on. They lower the price so it's within the reach of consumers and market it to them (how many blackberries do you see on TV ads?).

it's all about the $45 dollar data plan. As opposed to the RAZR, (optional $15 VCast plan), these extra dollars add up in a big way to VZW. If they can get a fraction of their 50 million users to pay that extra money on a recurring basis, I think you have yourself an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Face it, some manufacturer will improve on the Treo. For me, it is not the Q (not enough software yet) but the next best thing is coming soon.
    I agree...I just think it will still be a while. There are a lot of treo users and they (most likely) are hooked on the form factor.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I've tried the Q. did not like the size. its thin but wider and longer. membrane keys for menu softkeys have bad feedback feel. most of all the q does not have palm's usability improvements on the 700w.
    Quote Originally Posted by 80'sbaby
    Now that the Motorola Q is out the advertisement for the phone is ridiculous. In my opinion I think that the 700w is a great phone besides a couple of setbacks. I just think its funny how the Q is getting pushed so hard by Verizon marketing, that they are forgetting about the 700w. This is all opinion but personally for me, I feel that the 700 is a lot easier to operate(especially the touch screen). I don't remember seeing hardly any of the same advertisement for when the 700w came out. And I believe it is a much more capable device for the business world. Anyone else agree?
    I saw tons of 700w ads. But let's be honest - the Q will outsell the w by multiples. Doesn't mean it's better, but VZW is using their exclusivity period with the Q to full effect.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    ..the Q will outsell the w by multiples....
    True. It is $100 cheaper so that alone will make a difference.
    True. It is $100 cheaper so that alone will make a difference.
    It is cheaper, but it does not have the touch screen and you have to use the thumbwheel BB style.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    It's not meant to compete with the 700w. It's meant to go up against crackberries.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    It's not meant to compete with the 700w. It's meant to go up against crackberries.
    Well not directly in competition but Im sure Motorola wont mind if they steal a few potential treo users.

For me, it is not the Q (not enough software yet) but the next best thing is coming soon.
    What is the next best thing? Another Treo model?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein
    What is the next best thing? Another Treo model?
    An updated HTC Universal, CDMA, with a 4 GB embedded storage and 802.11n wifi built in.
    Is that in the works or is it a wish list? BTW, is that the 6700?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein
    Is that in the works or is it a wish list? BTW, is that the 6700?
    Not unless the 6700 grows a VGA screen sometime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76

this person nailed it. yes, it is meant to go against blackberries, many of which i have owned. hec, i have Blackberry buddies who are looking to abandon ship but who can't due to most of theirs being company issued. my treo 700w? you can have it, literally. i love my moto-q as it delivers everything i need without the clumsiness of a Treo. shall i begin talking about its stability vs. that of the Treo? prolly not necessary unless you want to me to tell you how many times i've had to reset my Moto-Q, and i still yet to battle a frozen screen.

not sure why anyone wanting anything more than email, internet and phone would want a Treo. half the weight and half the cost.

makes sense in my eyes.
    My father in law has a Q. He did not realize the Treo 700w had a touch screen. He thougth they were both smartphones. Palm messed up when they marketed the Treo as a smartphone. It is a PDA with Windows Mobile Phone Edition. I think most people that go with a Q, don't realize that a Treo 700W is a lot closer to a Windows XP with a touch screen. To me the two phones are not in the same species. The Q is for people that want a phone with a calander and email. The Treo is for people that need a PDA that also happens to have a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwranger
    The Q is for people that want a phone with a calander and email. The Treo is for people that need a PDA that also happens to have a phone.
    how is the Moto not a pda?