1.    #1  
    when my unit resets for sprite backup it hangs and I end up having to soft reset anywhere from 1-3 times before Sprite runs. Anyone else's doing this? any ideas?
    We can help you figure out the code conflict.
    What do you have in your startup folder?
    What today plugins do you have enabled?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    We can help you figure out the code conflict.
    What do you have in your startup folder?
    What today plugins do you have enabled?
    the third party software I'm running is:
    Sprite backup
    Picsel
    eWallet
    Astraware Craisy Daisy
    Astraware Cubis
    .net compact framework
    remote protect (not currently on as I am waiting for a new debugged version)
    SiriuCE 1.15

no third party today plugins but about a dozen themes.

I ended up hard reseting yesterday and restoring from scratch rather than a backup due to what seems to be a memory leak in the treo's storage memory and due to this reset problem. The internal storage memory trickled from 40 to 0 in only a few hours for the second time in a week when I had to hard reset previously. Could this be related to a corrupted storage card?

...and thanks in advance for any assistance here.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    I ended up hard reseting yesterday and restoring from scratch rather than a backup due to what seems to be a memory leak in the treo's storage memory and due to this reset problem. The internal storage memory trickled from 40 to 0 in only a few hours for the second time in a week when I had to hard reset previously. Could this be related to a corrupted storage card?
    I found myself quicky running out of internal storage memory and found that Sprite was saving backups to my internal memory instead of my 2gig card during my nightly backups, even though the settings appeared correct. I reinstalled Sprite and all is well again. A program like MemMaid or Space Reclaimer will help get rid of any accumulated temp files that can quicly gobble up internal storage.

Neil
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by shrink57
    I found myself quicky running out of internal storage memory and found that Sprite was saving backups to my internal memory instead of my 2gig card during my nightly backups, even though the settings appeared correct. I reinstalled Sprite and all is well again. A program like MemMaid or Space Reclaimer will help get rid of any accumulated temp files that can quicly gobble up internal storage.

Neil
    That's definitely not the problem. The memory kept slowly going down after I had a problem with the card going corrupt (I think). It went from 40-0 in probably an hour or so. You could just watch the number dropping in the task manager. I've reinstalled everything and the problem came back. It must be the card, right? Possible?
    Do you have the problem using the default theme? Some people found a bad theme to cause problems.

What is in your \windows\startup folder?
  7.    #7  
    Do you have the problem using the default theme? Some people found a bad theme to cause problems.

What is in your \windows\startup folder?
    Two shortcuts, poutlook & Voice Command.

I have about a dozen themes, but they have all been operating without event for a couple of months.

Since the last event I have only installed eWallet, picsel and siriuce. I ordered a new card and that hopefully combined with loading one app at a time will work. Since I haven't put sprite on and I'm not using the card it seems to be fine.
    I suspect your card now and didn't think of it until my Sandisk went bad. I loathe VC but besides slowing down your system, I don't think it would inhibit your resets.
  9.    #9  
    I suspect your card now and didn't think of it until my Sandisk went bad. I loathe VC but besides slowing down your system, I don't think it would inhibit your resets.
    Can a card be reformatted? I've already ordered a new one, but I could certainly use it in a camera. Seems annoying to pitch a card that cost me $100 (sandisk ultra II 2gb) after only owning it for five months.
    I'm planning to call Sandisk. I believe these cards have a lifetime warranty.
  11.    #11  
    I'll probably do the same. Thanks very much for the help and insight.